Posted by vikingcraftsman 6/7LINY (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 16, 08 at 20:07

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ripp City and some rippers

quite a dahlia steve in baltimore county

o

What the heck type is that Vikingcraftsman? I've never seen one like that before.

Cheers,
Russ

o

The story about Rip City is that it was named in honor of the Portland Trailblazers. It is a b sized 6inch bloom. The color is an exotic black red, the petals have a slight wave or curl to them.

o

Wauw! A beautiful flower.

o

jesper glad you like it. For that color you might like dark majic also. We grew arabian night back in the 80's and the wife loved it. So she bought flowers of a similar color for the garden this year.

o

The outer leaves look like their from a stellar, while the majority looks IF/FD. That's what made me stand back.

I'm sure it looked interesting while it was opening too!

Cheers,
Russ

o

Rip City is classed BB Informal Dec. Dark Red. It's not a very good show flower because of it's mixed form but there's only one other BB ID DkR in competition in that class so it still manages to win a few blues each year. It's a really nice garden flower & goes well with the light pinks in bouquets.

o

Thanks plant lady it is always good to here from the pro's. You are a welcome addition to the list. You already have what a lot of us wish we could do.

o

Most interesting dahlia, Viking...but who's the funny upside down pet on the left?

o

Misslucinda that black kitty is Sagwa. He has a sister that looks just like him only she has a white spot on her chest. We call her Sashsa.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here