Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Myrtle's Folly

Posted by mytime 3/4 Alaska (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 21:51

A favorite of mine, and one that actually seems to enjoy our lousy weather this summer!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Myrtle's Folly

Oh boy that is nice.

o

That's a beauty! It almost looks like it's made of twisted fabric in multiple colors. I love it.

o

Very pretty!! Love the color!

How is your weather this summer? The weather in Utah has been VERY hot almost the entire summer which has been hard on the dalias.

Linda

o

• Posted by mytime 3/4 Alaska (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 12:00

Our weather has been cooler than usual, and wet, too. Just not great weather for most of my plants. The dahlias should have been in full bloom weeks ago, and instead it's a pitiful bloom here and there, and many of the newer ones, not started in the house in the spring, will not bloom before frost. And they don't even look large enough to have made a new tuber. What has bloomed, the slugs have destroyed. Most of the leaves on the 2 I posted yesterday are destroyed, but the plants are so tall that the slugs didn't make it to the blossoms...yet.

o

I feel your pain. The tubers I planted in the pots out side got decimated by slugs. The ones I started in the house did way better. I was able to spray enough to keep the slugs from hurting established plants. They ate the new shots right to the grown and they never recovered.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here