Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendatons for deep Gold dahilas?

Posted by steve22802 7a VA (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 22:53

Does anyone have recommendations for deep gold dahlias? I do already have some nice light-mid toned yellows but it would really be helpful in certain floral arrangements to have some strong deep gold tones.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendatons for deep Gold dahilas?

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure if you're looking for a certain size or form but here are a few with gold tones:

Taratahi Sunrise
 photo TARATAHI20SUNRISE_1_jpg.jpg

Parkland Gold
 photo PARKLAND20GOLD20OCT203200820002_1_jpg.jpg

Midnight Sun
 photo MINIGHT20SUN_1_jpg.jpg

Levonne Splinter
 photo LevonneSplinter.jpg

o

Monet Glory is a real people's choice in gold:

o

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind for next year.

o

Not sure what 'deep' means but here is an off the wall suggestion.

I got 3 Prince of Oranges from Am Meadows 2 yrs ago and in my opinion, they are not orange but gold. Has shades from lighter to darker (or deeper?) gold. Personally for me, gold means more 'bronz-ish' (and Baarn Bounty is a beauty in my yard BUT it is a GIANT and likely would dwarf an arrangement) but you might check out bronze dahlias for gold tones also.

o

What I'm looking for is a color similar to Coronation Gold yarrow.

o

Coronation Gold yarrow is just a dark yellow(not gold)in my humble opinion. In that case, there are some full saturated yellow dahlias that would match. Bloomquist Barbara, Tahoma Lael, SB's Sunny, Clearview Sundance, Melqua Joy, Chimacum Julia.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here