Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Out of Curiosity...

Posted by reddscarlette 3a BC Can (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 17, 06 at 23:56

I'm just wondering.....

I've looked at heaps and heaps of Dahlias this past year and season, and I've come to wonder...Is there a dahlia that resembles Sparticus....but white?

If there is...what is it called? I'd just HAVE to have it!

Please...anyone?

Curious Redd~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Out of Curiosity...

Lady Liberty(BFD) introduced in 2003 reminds me of spartacus in bloom form......and is white...

o

Evelyn Foster, Sterling Silver & Lady Liberty are all B sized formal dec. & could be considered looking similar to Spartacus. There's also a white Edna C out there somewhere but good luck finding it- I'm not too sure the owner has even introduced it yet- it' s sport of Edna C & pretty gorgeous.

o

Thank you very much. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for some of the beauties.

Lady Liberty is more along the lines I was looking for. I'm going to keep searching though! I was hoping to find one of the same (or very similar stature) as Sparticus though.

I shant give up though!

Nikki~

o

There is one called Walter Hardisty
it is very like Spartacus, but in pure white, dont know if you can get it in US, but in Europe, it is wellknown.
http://www.dahliasuppliers.com/accent/images/Walter Hardisty_1.jpg

o

I live in Canada, and it so happens that the people that I ordered my tubers from this spring, happens to have Walter Hardisty! It's really pretty!!! My husband will love it also (cause it's a biggen ;)He's a fan of the Dinner plates :)

Thanks a bunch!
Nikki~

Any other requests are always welcome :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here