Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some new ones for me this year

Posted by annabeth Zone 8 No Cal inland (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 17, 09 at 2:59

I just thought I'd add to the dahlia viewing.
Here is a pic of three varieties that are new to me this year and I love all three of them! Lyn's April is the red one, Kenora Jubilee is the white, and CG Coral is the bright coral one.
Dahlia patch including 'Lyn's April', 'Kenora Jubilee', and 'CG Coral'

This is Appleblossom:
Dahlia 'Appleblossom'

This is Bo-De-O, and I have to say that while it is nice and it is prolific, I am looking for a more golden colored dahlia for next year. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice golden yellow? It doesn't matter what form or size. I saw 'Mary Lou' on Hamilton's web site and I am considering it. Anyone grow it?
Dahlia 'Bo-De-O'

Worton Blue Streak, a little unopened yet in this pic:
Dahlia 'Worton Blue Streak'

I am very impressed with the two in this photo. The dark red is Rip City and the coral-ly pink is Parkland Tribute. I like them individually and I like them together. Rip City seems to keep a long time in a vase too.
Dahlia 'Rip City' and 'Parkland Tribute' (top)

This last one is only sort of new to me. I got it last year but never had a bloom on it because of slug sheering. I just made that term up but I think it's pretty descriptive of what happened. Them dang slugs just ate every sprout that came up, again and again, until I got fed up and moved it to another location late in the season. A plant came up but didn't have time to bloom before frost. This year it has proven to be a wonderful dahlia. Also, it has special meaning for me since it is my grandmother's given name: Verda. This picture and every other one I've taken do not do the bloom justice for beauty. I recommend it highly. I'd love it even if it didn't have that name.
Dahlia 'Verda'

Annabeth

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some new ones for me this year

good interesting pics. give us more. Steve S.

o
RE: Some new ones for me this year

Nice Annabeth! I like Lyn's April the best. That big white should be called "Blizzard" or something. I have one similiar with no name, about 8" of informal white madness and very fluffy.

For golden yellows- Wyn's Aztec Gold is a new favorite this year. Golden Egg for a very small waterlily. Sea Oro for a large, wavery informal that leans more toward a pale orangey gold. Taratahi Sunrise is goldy egg yolk colored for me too. All nice depending on your taste for height and size.

Keep those photos coming!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here