Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pdshop

another bird bath and others

pdshop
14 years ago

Here are some more I hope. I never know if my uploading is going to work. I am now covering at night. 40 degrees last night

{{gwi:653638}}

{{gwi:653640}}

{{gwi:653643}}

Comments (13)

• jroot
    14 years ago

Wow! I am really impressed, pdshop. Very artistic presentation. Well done. I wish that I lived closer so that I could come and visit your garden, ... and you could visit mine. :)

• oscarthecat
    14 years ago

WOW!!! what a beautiful well thought out garden and such beautiful colors. Steve S.

• vikingcraftsman
    14 years ago

It looks so inviting. Really nice job. And no weeds.

• pdshop
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much. I am trying to find a state that has a long growing season for dahlias?

• plantlady2008
    14 years ago

Washington State = Dahlia heaven!!

• plantlady2008
    14 years ago

Western Washington that is-- not Eastern Washington!

• pdshop
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Plantlady. I need more than I am having these last few years. It is getting shorter and shorter. What are some cities in that region?

• plantlady2008
    14 years ago

pdshop-- The dahlia growing is great all the way from Vancouver, BC to beyond the Oregon border- the whole Pacific NW is good dahlia growing territory. There's also a ton of dahlia societies along the corridor, too. Small towns- Ferndale, Lynden, Custer, Blaine, Everson, Nooksack are all around here. Then you get bigger with Bellingham, Mt. Vernon & Snohomish. Then you're getting into Seattle/ Tacoma area- lots of people down there & traffic! On to Vancouver, WA & points south. Grab a map & have a look. I understand that northern Oregon-- Portland area is good, too- Swan Island is down there. The farther south the longer season- just don't go too far south or you'll be getting into the CA hot weather-- though we do have a lot of customers in CA that grow from very early spring all the way to winter-- but the quality of the dahlias is best in the rainy Pacific NW.

• oscarthecat
    14 years ago

CHEWELAH,COLVILLE,KETTLE FALLS, SPOKANE ETC.,ETC. Check Facebook for pics of IEDS show at Spokane County Fair. FABULOUS FABULOUS. OK PLANTLADY TRY TO GUESS WHERE I AM FROM. STEVE S.

• pdshop
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone. I love eto look on Realtor .com. Nothing holding me here.

• annabeth
    14 years ago

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. What is the beautiful, clear red one is in the middle of the first picture? Also, I'm assuming that the big orange and yellow waterlily is Lirio Dorado, right? Also, what are the two big fluffy ones on the extreme left side of the bowl?

Beautiful, beautiful garden. Annabeth

• pdshop
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You are right on the Lirio. Isn't it great and it lasts forever cut. The red in the middle is Drummer Boy. The best red I have ever had. Big also. The two others, I can't tell as everything has a red cast from my not knowing how to select the correct settings on the camera. I think that I have so many of the same color that it is one big color.

• Poochella
    14 years ago

This is fall color at its best in the dahlia garden. Nice going PD.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida