Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mandolls

I love Inland Dynasty !

mandolls
12 years ago

These have to be a top fave of mine. Even in my shady (6 hours of sun tops) Dahlia bed these are amazing.

{{gwi:654714}}

{{gwi:4936}}

Comments (8)

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    12 years ago

I love that one too! I have seen that one in person before and it is amazing.

Linda

• redmond_phyllis
    12 years ago

Inland Dynasty is fabulous, and I love the arrangement in your picture. I had it in 2010 but the fates conspired and I didn't have it this summer. Next year, I'm getting another and trying again.

• teddahlia
    12 years ago

Easy to grow and if you disbud the flowers can easily be 12-13 inches in diameter. I entered one in a show and won best giant dahlia in show with it this year. The flower was grown in the full sun and the only thing done was disbudding. No special fertlizer, no shade cloth or umbrella and not even extra water. Later in the year, I picked three blooms and put them in wastepaper basket with floral foam and won a blue ribbon again. Inland Dynasty is one of the easiest giant flowers you can grow.

• redmond_phyllis
    12 years ago

That may be Ted, but I had 3 tubers from my big, healthy, beautiful 2010 plant and all perished. I even bought a spare at a dahlia club sale. All 4 didn't make it. It's not like my garden was a failure either. Don't know why. But I'm buying a new one for next year! Maybe 2, from 2 sources!

• bouquet_kansas
    12 years ago

i love this dahlia, also......got a blue at the state fair a few years ago on this one....
    carol

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Is it a later bloomer? The problem I have is that the late bloomers don't get enough time to bloom here. I don't have a greenhouse to start them in. Wonderful pics!

• teddahlia
    12 years ago

Inland Dynasty is an early bloomer for an Giant dahlia. Should bloom everywhere by September 1st and many places by August 1st.

• mandolls
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I dont have a green house either, but I do start them in pots inside. I pull them out of storage mid April, and if they havnt developed any sprouts, I put them in baggies with a little damp peatmoss. Some take a few weeks to develop anything, After potting them into 6" pots (I chop down the tuber if it is to big) they take at least two weeks to develop anything above the soil, sometimes longer. They then get moved to a window , or outside and then back in if it gets to cold. I never plant them in the ground until June 1st here in WI, but getting a little jump on the weather helps. This year they stayed in pots to long, because I got behind, so my blooms are later than last year. I usually expect the early bloom mid-July, and late blooms by the end of August. This year I still have a few that havent bloomed yet.