Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tyshee

one tuber grew two types of plants is this reverting?

tyshee
16 years ago

Three stems (stalks) from same tuber. One is Brookside Cheri (cactus type) and the other is a pink semi cactus. Two of the stems are the pink and one is cheri. Even the leaves are different. I though perhaps another tuber had got planted with it. Wrong. Is this what you call reverting? The pink is lovely. Sort of salmon pink, semi cactus, with yellow streaking. What will I get next year? I cut the brookside stalk out of it hoping I would get it again as I really like it. I also like the semi cactus. Has anyone seen this before? Very weird. I have seen a lily have two types of blooms on one stem but this thing has two types of leaves also from the one tuber. It has made more tubers from the parent so very curious as to what happens next. Not two different tubers either. I had to cut from the side of the parent to separate the brookside stalk. I can see a color similarity between as Cheri is salmo with yellow. Need your expertise on this one. Next Thomas Edison had a strang fungus growing at the top of the tubers. I spoke to a plant expert about this cauliflower growth and he advised me to cut it out. Has anyone ever seen this? It was a new tuber this year. All of these above mentioned dahlias grew nice healthy plants and bloomed profusely. tyshee@acsalaska.net for personal comments. Thanks.

Bobbie

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!