Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
one tuber grew two types of plants is this reverting?

Posted by tyshee Z 3 & 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 07 at 13:00

Three stems (stalks) from same tuber. One is Brookside Cheri (cactus type) and the other is a pink semi cactus. Two of the stems are the pink and one is cheri. Even the leaves are different. I though perhaps another tuber had got planted with it. Wrong. Is this what you call reverting? The pink is lovely. Sort of salmon pink, semi cactus, with yellow streaking. What will I get next year? I cut the brookside stalk out of it hoping I would get it again as I really like it. I also like the semi cactus. Has anyone seen this before? Very weird. I have seen a lily have two types of blooms on one stem but this thing has two types of leaves also from the one tuber. It has made more tubers from the parent so very curious as to what happens next. Not two different tubers either. I had to cut from the side of the parent to separate the brookside stalk. I can see a color similarity between as Cheri is salmo with yellow. Need your expertise on this one. Next Thomas Edison had a strang fungus growing at the top of the tubers. I spoke to a plant expert about this cauliflower growth and he advised me to cut it out. Has anyone ever seen this? It was a new tuber this year. All of these above mentioned dahlias grew nice healthy plants and bloomed profusely. tyshee@acsalaska.net for personal comments. Thanks.
Bobbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: one tuber grew two types of plants is this reverting?

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 2, 07 at 21:31

A photo would be nice so we can better see what you are describing.Sounds intriguing.

o
RE: one tuber grew two types of plants is this reverting?

I didn't think to take a photo. I did cut the stem with the odd dahlia right out of the center hoping the tubers would produce it again. Now I have it in three pieces so will see what they produce.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here