Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to Dahlias - my first post!

Posted by fairysoapgirl 7b (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 9, 08 at 14:43

Hi All,
Well, I visited my Mom this past week, and she has a passion for Dahlias. Soooooooo, we went to a dahlia farm. For those of you in the Pacific North West (she is in Oregon), you know that your dahlias are in full bloom. What a site that garden was! So, I broke down and bought a few to be shipped in spring. Home is a 7b garden in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas. Advice was to plant them on the East side of the house, so they get afternoon shade.

What do you think of the choices? Please tell me if I got the forms wrong... I think I have got that part down after a long walk and talk with the grower!

Deerwood Erica (MB)
Irish Miss (P)
Brian's Dream (FD)
Pacific Revival (P)
Lavender Perfection (FD)

Can you tell I like lavenders?? :o)

Do any of you have pictures of these in your gardens? I did a search, but didn't come up with any hits. I have been posting on the GW for some time now, but mainly in the daylilies and Texas forums. Love the photos y'all are posting here!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to Dahlias - my first post!

Check out all my pictures. The wife ordered lavenders and purples almost exclusivly this year. Hope to see many pictures from you next year. If you want I will post the web site to my photo bucket pictures and you can go nuts with all my shots this year. Most of the shots have been posted here and in the gallery so that may be easyer for you.

o
RE: New to Dahlias - my first post!

VCM - going to Long Island this week... Hope not to be blown off course by all these storms. Can you send me a link to your gallery? I do post tons of pics of my daylilies over there... so I am sure these beauties will be no different!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here