Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
There's a frog on my dahlia

Posted by spartacus (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 07 at 14:58

Thought you might like to see a couple of pictures of Sir Alfred Ramsey(plus frog). I was heading out to take pictures and this little fellow was just hanging out-it must have been quite a journey for him. He let me take numerous pictures and even turned from time to time to show me his better side.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: There's a frog on my dahlia

very nice! Is it a very small toad, protecting your Dahlias, looking out for bugs to eat?
Where are you located?

o

Your frog has exceptional taste in dahlias. What a gorgeous triumph of gardening for you, and of expedition climbing for him!

o

Thanks for the replies; I am in Michigan. I looked it up on the MI dept of natural resources site and it is a gray tree frog. they can change color to gray, green, or brown, according to environment or activity. Looks like pink was way to difficult! here's a pic

o

That is so awesome!! I Love it!! I would pay to have some of then lil guys in my yard! I love frogs. Can you tell I'm jealous, LOL! Do you mind if I use that pic as the background for my comp?
Daniella

o

If you mean the dahlia picture, go right ahead, I'm glad you liked it. The frog by itself is off from the MI DNR site.

o

Yes, I mean the dahlia pic, the flower is gorgeous. And you take beautiful pix. thank you :)

o

I guess your lil gray tree frog turned green with envy, eh (ouch sorry for the pun). No, simply a magnificent dahlia and all the more magnificent for it's visitor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here