Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pdshop

Testing new camera

pdshop
15 years ago

This is my first attempt with my new camera at photographing some of my flowers in my garden and getting the images to appear here in the forum.

Show and Tell ?

Better images coming soon!

[IMG]http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k376/pdshop/DSC00021.jpg[/IMG]

Comments (10)

• pdshop
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Obviously I am not doing something right. Can anyone tell me how I get the picture to show up in my post?

• Poochella
    15 years ago

Pd, That's a beautiful bloom with great colors.
    In Photobucket, copy and Paste the 3rd label down, the HTML one starting with What kind of camera did you get and what is the very lavender dahlia behind your subject bloom? Nice color on that too.

• pdshop
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I think I got it now... I did a search about putting images into posts and here goes...

{{gwi:656625}}

• vikingcraftsman
    15 years ago

I like the subject flower. Size and name please. New camera is doing a good job from here.

• pdshop
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lord, that cost me a fortune. I had hired someone to help me with this project. I hope I remembe what we did as it took 3 hours of instructions. I thought that flower was a Show and Tell but it isn't. The lavender behind it is Worton's Blue Streak and the one in front is labeled Zanoba? The marking has blurred. If I can do this alone, maybe I can get some identified. The camera is a Sony Cybershot.

• triple_b
    15 years ago

yep, camera works fine ;-)
    love the colors of that dahlia.

• j_nail
    15 years ago

I'm absolutely in love with that Dahlia, it would be nice to find out the name for sure!

The camera seems to be doing it's job! Now it's time to figure out all the bells & whistles, eh?

• pdshop
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OK. I will go into the biglist now and make sure it is what the tag said. I will also take more pictures of the plant as alot of them are open now. They are big. Look like chocolate with yellow when they are in bud. I will get back to you later.

• dahliagardener
    15 years ago

It looks like Akita to me. Here's a picture from Corralito's Dahlias to compare.
    Ellie

Here is a link that might be useful: Akita

• pdshop
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It is not red like the Akita. I seem to have two plants of it. The tag is from Dutch Gardens and they have it listed as a Zanobia. The picture on their site doesn't look like the dahlia that grew at all. But, that is the name. Good Luck. I will post more pictures of it.