{{gwi:657532}}

{{gwi:657535}}

{{gwi:657539}}

{{gwi:657532}}

Comments (10)

• pdshop
    Original Author
    14 years ago

messed up. This should have been the other arrangement.

{{gwi:657544}}

• oscarthecat
    14 years ago

Great colors just in time for fall. Steve S.

• vikingcraftsman
    14 years ago

Great shots ,hope my garden looks that good next year. Glad you posted and hope you continue growing.

• pdshop
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Funny you should mention that. People don't understand that dahlias are alot of work. After getting them to live through the winter, we plant, head off any animals, slugs, snails, white fly, spider mite. You just can't take off and leave for a long time. You are in the clear about the first of Sept.

• jroot
    14 years ago

I hear you pdshop. I hear you. Lots of work, but oh so beautiful.

I was thinking of planting something that didn't take so much work and tie me down so much, but my wife won't hear any talk of that. She loves to sit on the patio among the flowers, ... although she won't help plant, or dig, or spray, or put out slug bait etc ... She will pick the flowers though and bring them indoors, or give them to her friends. Ah, what's a fellow to do ...

• sjmarshes
    14 years ago

Beautiful photos and color combinations. What is the name of the dark cactus at the top of the birdbath shot? It almost disappears into the background.

• pdshop
    Original Author
    14 years ago

My God your eyes are good. I barely saw it when I looked again. It is Black Narcicus. I don't know how to spell that . Will go look on the Big List as get the correct spelling.

• mctavish6
    14 years ago

What beautiful pictures and beautiful arangements. I love the look of flowers in the birdbath.

Off topic I wanted to ask you about your great ceramic tile. Is it an authentic Mexican Tile? Have you got it treated with something for the shine? How has it held up? The reason I ask is that we put a similar tile in our kitchen a few years ago. I love it but it has not held up at all. My husband blames the softness of the tile but I think it was poor preparation of the floor itself. Eventually we will replace it (and all flooring, carpet, wood etc. in the whole house). I would like something that looks like your floor through my whole house.

• pdshop
    Original Author
    14 years ago

sjmarshes, the correct spelling of that dahlia is narcissus. mctavish, you have hit on a tough topic. That floor was here and they had that high shine on it that you see. It is realy tile and is soft. The name of the stuff they sealed it with isMexican Saltillo Seal from Mediterranean Exports, Inc. This was put on 20 years ago and just started to peal. I am now in the process of taking it off with a razor blade! Can't find anything else to do it. I want to find something with less of sa shine but I may give up and put this back on abd try to make it look decent.

• sjmarshes
    14 years ago

Thank you for looking up the name of the dark cactus and also for the name of my mystery orange. I appreciate it.
    I have that Mexican tile as a surround for my wood stove. You are probably removing the finish the best way because this tile is so porous.