Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pooch nice red

Posted by pdshop 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 14, 09 at 18:43

This is Barbara B. A 10 inch. I used all the settings I know of and could not get the picture I wanted. Is this a red you like. Great flower.

Barbara B

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pooch nice red

Whats the name of the purple in back? Thanks Steve S.

o

Everybody is captivated by that purple of yours PD! I hope you can dig up a name for us.

Barbara B looks like a nice red and I empathize completely with being unable to capture the true color of a dahlia. I have enough reds I think, but I'd like to hear what you like about that one. My preferences are for cutting, so number of blooms, time of bloom and strength of stem are top priorities after color, size, and form.

o

The name on the red is Drummer Boy. sorry for the mislabel.

o

Hey that big curly green worm is sucking all the water out of your faucet. Just thought you ought to know. Steve S.

o

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (near (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 15, 09 at 20:27

LOL, oscarthecat. LOL

By the way, nice purple. Have you discovered its name yet?

o

It's Boogie Nights from Swan Island Jroot, and quite stunning based on fan approval so far.

Now I want to know what that intriguing orange and green trimmed building is in PD's photo. Now that you have the hang of photos PD, how about a little photo tour of your gardens?

o

The little red and green house is the pool house. Pooch, I have another flower to send you. This dahlia has lasted 8 days and counting. Long stems and just beautiful. I will do it later. The big garden has been tour up. It didn't have any dahlias in it. I took daylilies to my cousin in VT. and gave some to a friend here. I just wanted to do new things out there next year and it would give me something to think about this winter. I will try and find some old pictures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here