Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropic_lover

Pics of Kelvin Floodlight and others...

Kelvin Floodlight has really been pumping out the big blooms this year. It has six 9" blooms on it currently and several more buds.

{{gwi:657924}}

Kelvin Floodlight and Show-n-Tell

{{gwi:657926}}

Wyn's Bewitched-One of my favorites!

{{gwi:657928}}

{{gwi:657930}}

Thanks for looking! Would love to see all your pictures too!

Linda

Comments (6)

• redmond_phyllis
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!! Particularly, the Show N Tell! One of mine will be blooming in the next week or so. There's some opening started.

• oscarthecat
    12 years ago

great flowers----Steve in Stevens County.

• mandolls
    12 years ago

I picked my 1st Kelvin Floodlight bloom a few days ago, not as big as yours but still nice. My Sonic Boom finally opened a couple of blooms too and a few more new ones are about to pop. I'm still drooling over your Show -n-Tell! Looking forward to getting a tuber from you in a couple of months.

Keep those pictures coming!

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Phyllis, I am glad you will finally get to see one of your favorites. Its one of my fav's too. All of my dahlias have bloomed except Envy and I don't think that one even has a bud on it yet. That one is a new one for me and I really wanted to see it.

Mandolls, I am surprised that your Sonic Bloom is just now starting to bloom. I think that one was one of my earliest ones to bloom. Kelvin Floodlight has been blooming for about a month now and has really been putting out quite a few flowers for one that is so big.

I googled the dahlias on your list that I was not familiar with and I am very excited about a lot of them. Has Formby Kaitlyn or Gladiator bloomed for you yet? I would love to see pictures of them.

Thanks

Linda :)

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

I like the first pic best. Love to see them on the bush--and multiples are a bonus.

• mandolls
    12 years ago

Linda, I got everything started late this year due to focusing on my expanded vegetable garden, so everything is blooming later than I usually get.

I dont have blooms yet from either of the ones you mentioned. And I have found it that at least 4 of the tubers I got in the trade last year were mis-labled, (I know I got some mixed up myself so I am not worried about it). I hope I get blooms from everything so that I can at least make sure the ID's are correct, and can send you an amended list. We are dipping down to a low of 39 tonight, but then the lows go back to the 50's for a while, so hopefully everything will have a chance to bloom.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022