vikingcraftsman
15 years ago

{{gwi:658174}}
{{gwi:658200}}
{{gwi:658203}}

Comments (16)

• sturgeonguy
    15 years ago

Love it Viking! Especially the peeking cat...;-] What's the Big Red One?

Cheers,
    Russ

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The red one is Envy. Most of the blooms have been around 12 inches. This is a small one that is not fully opened. But I needed a bouquet for a neighbor so I cut it.

• sturgeonguy
    15 years ago

I'm envious...;-] My Gregory Stephen hasn't opened yet so I haven't had a red Dahlia in my garden yet this year...

Meanwhile, after Cabana Banana was knocked over I had quite a few blooms to pick from. So I decided to make a vase that had some height to it.

{{gwi:658207}}
    {{gwi:658210}}

Cheers,
    Russ

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have many red ones in the back yard. Lover boy I have three plants, Cornel I have three plants and I have two Envy plants. The wife dose not like red so the neighbors get a lot of red bouquets. I like what you did with your bouquet. And most of my flowers have long stems I can cut to any length I want.

• oscarthecat
    15 years ago

Send pictures of cat PLEASE ??? Steve in Baltimore County.

• anna_in_quebec
    15 years ago

Yes, I'm with Oscarthecat - cats and dahlias - a perfect combination! Lovely pictures!

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad you like the cats. I will post more pictures of our cats with the dahlias now that I know people would be interested.
    {{gwi:658213}}

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:658214}}

• oscarthecat
    15 years ago

MORE,MORE,MORE CATS. GREAT!!! Steve in B altimore County.

• pdshop
    15 years ago

Russ, what is the name of the dahlia that is orange red and has red specks on the orange petals? I have one and the name is gone with the chipmunk. It has been the best bloomer and lasts forever. Viking, what is the name of the red/black big dahlia in the last shot. I will have some cat pictures soon.

• sturgeonguy
    15 years ago

That's Elijah Mason pdshop. Mine hasn't been that prolific but its not in an ideal spot (its getting too much water.) It is a beautiful flower, I agree.

Sorry Steve, no cats here...;-]

Cheers,
    Russ

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{gwi:658216}}

• triple_b
    15 years ago

cute kitties folks!

cats are also an inherent part of used book stores. You know, the ones in older buildings with lots of character and 'stuff' everywhere.
    They keep the mice from demolishing the books as nesting material. They also add to the ambiance, a lovely kitty sunning itself in amongst the tomes.

• j_nail
    15 years ago

KITTIES!!! Love the pictures of them helping you!

The holy terror at work finally started earning his keep (he's new) about 15 minutes after the owner gave him a stern talking to: "Hey furball! You wont be getting any fat cat wet food from me this winter, so you better start keeping the mice out of the blue oat grass!". I had to contain myself when he caught one a few minutes later about 10 feet away from a customer.

I really like that arrangement too. The purple peeking out of the middle is a great little surprise!

• misslucinda
    15 years ago

Hi Viking--

Am crazy about the picture of your cat smelling (or perhaps having a nip) of the dahlia. Btw, first picture is a nice arrangement.

• vikingcraftsman
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks misslucinda Polar Bear guards my dahlias.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting