o
Cream colored dahlias

Posted by prettypetals GA 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 22, 13 at 20:47

What cream colored dahlias do you grow?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cream colored dahlias

This variety normally looks like the left side, but my plant is having fun this season! I prefer the right side... I hear Cafe au Lait has been very popular for weddings recently.

o

Oh my goodness CC that is gorgeous. I have some Cafe on order for next spring. I love that color. Thanks for replying!! judy

o

You're ordering already?!? You go, lady! What other cream-colored ones are you considering?

o

I don't know of any others! :((. I was hoping to get some answers on here.

o

Perhaps this one might fit into your cream-colored search... I think the undertones are the same as Cafe au Lait, with a blush on the tips. I alternate from disliking its color as a single bloom to really liking it for bouquets to blend two color palettes together. It's growing on me, but I have to admit that its name seems to fit when I look at it on the plant, compared to almost any other bloom in my beds. Quite frankly, I feel the same way with Cafe au Lait's color, so this is purely color bias.

o

Here's another one that might fit the cream dream scheme... Valley Porcupine had a pink blush to it earlier in the season, but has more of that neutral beige color now.

o

Blah blah blah! That's a craaaaazy name!! I love them both though. I'm also interested in some peachy tones! Thanks for your pics.

o

Breakout started out cream colored for me with later blossoms having the apricot/yellow centers. When I gave bouquets to neighbors this was the one chosen first by several people.

This post was edited by mnwsgal on Sat, Oct 26, 13 at 20:57

o

Apricot Brandy for the peachy tone.

o

Cornbride is an interesting parchment color, probalby about as close to "Cream" as dahlias come. I would say it is about 2 shades lighter then Cafe au Lait, but next to pure white it would show as creamy.

o

Love them all! I have cornbride on order! Awesome!! Will def look for breakout and apricot brandy. Thanks everyone!!

o

Shilo Jazzman Also bloomed quite creamy in my garden, next to Blizzard which was defintiely whiter.

If you haven't grown Peaches N Cream you really ought to try it...(Note, this is not the same as Peaches and Cream.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here