From this group two stand out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The heaviest and most consistant bloomers

Are these the shrub dahlias that grow 38 inches? I have some and they are wnderful. The can grown taller.

o

Mary Jo - MSC: 2.5" diameter flower on a 30" bush.
Bitsy - BBWL: 4" diameter flower on an 18" bush.

I wouldn't call them shrub dahlias, although that might be what they are but I'm thinking you're referring to Dahliettas. They're both full and lush Dahlias like any other.

Cheers,
Russ

o

Mary Jo has my kind of colors! Wonderful shots. Thank You!

o

I find Honka is a workhorse for me.

o

I guess my plants aren't paying attention. This collection was called small or short or something. Mary Jo and Bitsy are about the same height, both in the front of this planting area. I was surprised that Park Princess was included as short. I'd had this one in the past and really liked it. It was always pretty tall for me. Of this group, Park Princess, All Triumph and Firepot are the tallest.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here