Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Plastic Wrap method that was on Picture Trail

Posted by lorraine_2006 6A Scarborough (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 3, 06 at 23:33

Last year I found the site that pictured step by step, picture by picture on how to do the plastic wrap method for dahlia tubers. This was a slide presentation on Picture Trail. I can't seem to access it. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks, Lorraine from Toronto, Ontario Canada.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Plastic Wrap method that was on Picture Trail

Did you use Saran Wrap to store your tubers last year? If so, how did it work? Oddly enough, I've been able to overwinter my dahlias by just tossing them, clean and dry, into a box in our basement. No vermiculite or any other covering. I've had to make sure they stand upright, otherwise the new growth in spring is all wonky before I even notice. Mother Nature should not reward my laziness like that...it only encourages me!

The Picture Trail account you saw last year could have been cancelled or changed. (?) I found the method for you on a web page, but I could not link directly to it because of problems GW has been having with spam.

If you Google: "No Fuss: Store Your Tubers in Plastic Wrap", you should be able to find the page you want.

o
RE: Looking for Plastic Wrap method that was on Picture Trail

Thanks for the google page. I did a search and came across the No Fuss that someone had posted on Garden Web. Cheers! Lorraine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here