Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
covella

Some pics before its too late

covella
16 years ago

Gosh I've been meaning to take some pics and just decided to do it right now in the dark. I had a weird year for dahlias. I'm sure I got some that were mislabeled because I don't remember the shell pink one at all. But it's pretty and gets prettier as it ages - the pink deepens.

But if I'd known the color I wouldn't have paired it w Omega - so excuse the color palette.

This first one is Omega

\{{gwi:630383}}

This is the unknown dinner plate

{{gwi:659579}}

Here they are together

{{gwi:659580}}

Comments (10)

• covella
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I think it might be Papageno now that I'm thinking about it. And after a quick search I'm not even sure that is Omega although thats how it was labelled.

• Poochella
    16 years ago

Very nice Alyrics! The delicate sheen and colors on that large pink one is very attractive. Despite your weird year, you turned out some winners there.

Seems like 90% of people who grow dahlias complained about a strange year this year regardless of location. 'The year without a summer" is how they describe it here. Cooler and wetter than usual. Saved me a few hours of watering- yay!

• covella
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good to hear from you Poochella. Where are your pics? Huh huh? Would love to see more before the fall begins in earnest.

• bigcityal
    16 years ago

Did you try and have Otto's Thrill again.LOL
    Looks pretty good to me - I'm always under the impression you live in a forest.

• covella
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Al, good to hear from you. Haven't seen much of you over here.
    Yes - I planted 6 Otto's Thrill and it looks like they were mislabelled because I didn't show you my forest of White Perfection. I wouldn't have chosen that much white, but its a beautiful dinnerplate. I do, I do live in a real forest, but I get enough sun on the edge of my deck to grow dahlias in pots. I use the petals from White Perfection to mark trails in the woods.

There was a co-op I bought a bunch of Mighty Plant and Messenger from Eden BioScience - I never had good luck with Miracle-Gro but that Mighty Plant is amazing. I tested some new soil mix recipes and some of my dahlias came up pretty chlorotic - MP took care of that. There might be a late Otto in there that will try to bloom still but I'm not holding my breath.

Nobody likes that orange and yellow cactus huh. I think its gorgeous - looks like lemons and tangerines.

Post some pics will you? How was your crop this year?

• pdshop
    16 years ago

What does MP stand for? I also have some chloric problems. I also had bouoght some dahlias from a major grower and I have a "forest" of light lavender.!! I also have about two oothers I didn't order. What do you do about that?

• Poochella
    16 years ago

Alyrics, Photos- some of mine are in the 'gallery' linked up above the thread list. I like your Omega well enough, never get tired of fall colors, but that pink one is just very lovely.

pdshop, I think "MP" was just shorthand for Mighty Plant.

• bigcityal
    16 years ago

Well jeez A. I have only posted photos of mine on 4 sites - 3 or them free and that's not enough.LOL Let me update the ones on my Flickr account and I'll give you that link.

• covella
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WEll honey - which sites? Always up for some freebies

• bigcityal
    16 years ago

I'll send you an email.

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone