Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some pics before its too late

Posted by alyrics 5B NE OH (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 07 at 23:59

Gosh I've been meaning to take some pics and just decided to do it right now in the dark. I had a weird year for dahlias. I'm sure I got some that were mislabeled because I don't remember the shell pink one at all. But it's pretty and gets prettier as it ages - the pink deepens.
But if I'd known the color I wouldn't have paired it w Omega - so excuse the color palette.

This first one is Omega

\Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the unknown dinner plate

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here they are together

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some pics before its too late

I think it might be Papageno now that I'm thinking about it. And after a quick search I'm not even sure that is Omega although thats how it was labelled.

o

Very nice Alyrics! The delicate sheen and colors on that large pink one is very attractive. Despite your weird year, you turned out some winners there.

Seems like 90% of people who grow dahlias complained about a strange year this year regardless of location. 'The year without a summer" is how they describe it here. Cooler and wetter than usual. Saved me a few hours of watering- yay!

o

Good to hear from you Poochella. Where are your pics? Huh huh? Would love to see more before the fall begins in earnest.

o

Did you try and have Otto's Thrill again.LOL
Looks pretty good to me - I'm always under the impression you live in a forest.

o

Hi Al, good to hear from you. Haven't seen much of you over here.
Yes - I planted 6 Otto's Thrill and it looks like they were mislabelled because I didn't show you my forest of White Perfection. I wouldn't have chosen that much white, but its a beautiful dinnerplate. I do, I do live in a real forest, but I get enough sun on the edge of my deck to grow dahlias in pots. I use the petals from White Perfection to mark trails in the woods.

There was a co-op I bought a bunch of Mighty Plant and Messenger from Eden BioScience - I never had good luck with Miracle-Gro but that Mighty Plant is amazing. I tested some new soil mix recipes and some of my dahlias came up pretty chlorotic - MP took care of that. There might be a late Otto in there that will try to bloom still but I'm not holding my breath.

Nobody likes that orange and yellow cactus huh. I think its gorgeous - looks like lemons and tangerines.

Post some pics will you? How was your crop this year?

o

What does MP stand for? I also have some chloric problems. I also had bouoght some dahlias from a major grower and I have a "forest" of light lavender.!! I also have about two oothers I didn't order. What do you do about that?

o

Alyrics, Photos- some of mine are in the 'gallery' linked up above the thread list. I like your Omega well enough, never get tired of fall colors, but that pink one is just very lovely.

pdshop, I think "MP" was just shorthand for Mighty Plant.

o

Well jeez A. I have only posted photos of mine on 4 sites - 3 or them free and that's not enough.LOL Let me update the ones on my Flickr account and I'll give you that link.

o

WEll honey - which sites? Always up for some freebies

o

I'll send you an email.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here