Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first Dahlias

Posted by indy76km 5 - Rumford, ME (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 16, 09 at 3:41

These are my first Dahlias. I don't know what kind they are because they were given to me by someone who didn't know either except that they were a dinner plate type. The white ones were at least 10 to 12 inches accross and the purple I would say were about 6 to 8 inches accross. I am hooked now and have been looking for what variety I want to add for next year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first Dahlias

Good pics,good dahlias,cute hand. Steve S.

o

Congratulations on your new hobby! Plenty of dahlias will go with those two beautiful colors. I wonder if your lavender one might be Lilac Time? There are so many mislabelled versions of it out on the market,(I bought 6 of them grrr) but yours has that bluish-lavender tone that is hard to find.

Enjoy your blooms before old Jack Frost gets them.

o

I looked up pictures of Lilac Time Dahlias and your right they match! Thanks :) My goal for next year is to keep them from being snacked on by pests so I can get some good pictures. I was thinking for next year that I would like something peachy in color. I've been looking at different pictures and writing down the ones I like. I just have to remember that I am only shopping for one kind lol

o

Does anyone have any idea what the white one might be?

o

Wild guess on the white one- Snowbound. The picture on this link is yellower than any Snowbound that I've seen before- the form & size are right. I think Viking grows it so maybe he can have a look & compare.

Here is a link that might be useful: Snowbound

o

I found one that looks like it at in a Dahlia catalog online. Could it be a "White Kelvin"? Snowbound does look like it but I'm not 100% convinced its a match. The petals look a little pointier than mine maybe? Mine really isn't as yellow as it looks it is just the way the picture came out. Actually it's white on the outside and more of a cream color in the middle.

Here is a link that might be useful: Endless Summer Farm - White Kelvin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here