Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This Time Last Year....

Posted by anna_in_quebec z4 QC (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 21, 10 at 10:39

So sad, this time last year, there were so many people posting their gorgeous photos of dahlias. Where is everybody? Viking, Poochella, etc...This forum was very active last year - was it a very bad year for dahlias? I know I did, but I also had other issues...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This Time Last Year....

I agree with you. I used to look every morning and now it is now and than. Is there another site that all the old favorites and advice givers have gone?

o

Yes there is another dahlia site but few of the old timers visit there. I would say it was a bad dahlia year for many. Mine looked at first as if they would never make it but at this time (late) mine are the best ever. Steve S.

o

I keep checking for dahlia friends also. I have fallen even more under the spell of dahlias and plan to nearly double my patch from 130 to 230 dahlias next year. I Am enjoying so much looking at all the suppliers catalogs! I would also enjoy pictures from other growers.

I can post more of my pics if I know there are people who would like to see them. And I have one that I would love an ID on...my friend bought it at Costco 8-10 yrs ago and we simply call it "Big Red". I will make a seperate posting about it.

o

Oh yes, by whatever means do post pictures. I wish I knew how. Steve S.

o

Lots of dahlia pictures being post to Flickr:

Here is link to see them:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/dahlias/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here