Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropic_lover

Where is the best place to buy tubers?

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and just became interested in growing dahlia's last year. Right now I have about 15 varieties and am planning on getting a lot more next spring. I would love to know who your favorite mail order suppliers are. The ones I currently have came from Swan Island Dahlia's and some from a friend of mine.

Thanks,

Linda:)

Comments (4)

• sturgeonguy
    15 years ago

Our member PlantLady2008, with her hubby, own's Wynne's Dahlias. I haven't bought from her myself, but others here have and I have already placed an order myself for next year.

All of my Dahlias come from Swan Island Dahlias. They've been great to me and their tubers have been great too. I had one that didn't sprout this year and they quickly promised to give me 2 extra (plus the one that didn't sprout) on my next year's order (I didn't want them to send me them back in the spring this year.) Lots of choices, and they've all grown pretty much to their specifications (except that Raspberry Punch is listed as a Stellar but is, in fact, a FD...;-])

I know others here by elsewhere, so hopefully you'll get a number of well recommended choices.

Cheers,
    Russ

• Poochella
    15 years ago

Swan Island is a sure bet. From personal positive experience and in no particular order, I also recommend highly: Connell's Dahlias, Dan's Dahlias, Accent Dahlias, Cowlitz River Dahlias, Wynne's Dahlias, J and C Dahlias.

If you want to see what others say about a comprehensive list of dahlia suppliers, check the link- a valuable tool for all things gardening, not just dahlias.

Here is a link that might be useful: Check Dahlia Vendors here

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey, thanks for all the great suggestions. I am sure I will be spending a lot of time looking at all those different sites!

• huey_ga
    15 years ago

Ferncliff has the best tubers and they always grow. I also purchase from some of the others listed. After 30 plus years of buying tubers I will only purchase new releases from Swan Island.

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals