Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropic_lover

Last pictures of the season

Hi everyone, I went out and picked a bunch of flowers since it is supposed to freeze tonight :(

Hot Tamale

{{gwi:661736}}

{{gwi:661738}}

Strawberry Ice

{{gwi:661740}}

{{gwi:661741}}

{{gwi:661742}}

{{gwi:661743}}

{{gwi:661744}}

{{gwi:661745}}

Thanks for looking!

Linda

Comments (8)

• MommaCarp
    12 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. Looks like you'll have a bouquet for every room in the house! That Hot Tamale bunch is the perfect color combo to celebrate fall. Enjoy those blooms!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Wow Linda. Those are gorgeous!! I love that shot of all the diff bouquets. The first pic of all the vases has a pinky one with yellow center inbetween the two yellows, do you know its name? It looks like one I have and I thought if I knew the name I might recognize ordering it before. Thanks and I so hope you don't get a freeze!! I think our freeze has been called off for the weekend so I hope it stays that way. Judy

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Judy, that one is Firepot, the color is a little more faded than it usually is in the summer. I think we are getting the freeze tomorrow night but who knows?

Mommacarp, thanks for the compliments, Hot tamale is one of my new favorites and is perfect this time of year.

Linda

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

Thanks Linda, thats it. I know I have ordered that one. Again great pics!! Judy

• redmond_phyllis
    12 years ago

Love those blooms! Really like that bouquet with all the Hot Tamales. I'll have to look at that one again. May the frost pass you by!

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well it happened last night...they all froze! I cut them down today and will wait a few days before digging. We are supposed to get another storm late next week so I guess I willing be digging before then.

I want to give the eyes a chance to develope. Do you think they will be showing by Monday or Tuesday?

Linda

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    12 years ago

I'm so sorry you had a freeze. grrrr.... I know its gonna happen but you still hate it. We might get one Saturday so I went out and cut what few I have. Now tell me what are you hoping will be showing by Monday or Tuesday? Oh wait, you dig yours up and I don't so thats the eyes, right? Think I answered my own question. Its almost my bedtime and my brain must have already went nighty night. Your pictures are so lovely!! Can I ask how close you plant your tubers? I am hoping to maybe plant some a little closer so I can have more of them. Judy

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Judy, yes I am wanting to see the eyes so I will be able to divide them easier. I plant my tubers pretty close together, maybe 15 inches apart. Mine were growing really close together and seemed to do just fine. No weeds grew under them. Swan Island says to plant 18-24 inches apart but I put them closer so I could fit them all in the garden. One mistake I made was putting shorter ones too close to tall ones. Next time I will put them somewhere else so they don't get overshadowed.

Linda

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus