Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
exotic dahlia seed

Posted by b35853 none (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 13, 12 at 13:17

I am looking for unusual giant dahlia seed to start in our
green houses this winter. I'm in Alabama and we start our dahlia seed in February and can set them out the first of April. If you have some seed for trial we would be glad to try them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: exotic dahlia seed

I've seen packets of cactus flowering talls at Home Depot. Could check to see if they still have them in the seed racks. Also, in the past, I've seen packets of the tall dahlias at Target -- another possibility.

o
RE: exotic dahlia seed

We have 2 or 3 cactus varieties that came from seed packets we got at home depot. Most seed packets you see in seed racks are usually dwarf types and they do well. I have a few beds of dwarfs but they don't give the blooms that the larger varieties do. Local florist like large blooms and they want long stems. We breed some and buy seed to expand our gardens.
I was hoping some breeders would connect with me and we could
exchange seed or I could buy some. It's not easy to breed dahlias a lot work is involved.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here