Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Decades-old pic of my grandma and her dalihas:

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Dalihas

Nice to see your dahlias and am glad you are keeping up with the family tradition.

o

hey your grandma is a cutie pie too.

o

oscarthecat, my grandmother was a good woman and they just don't make grandmas like her anymore. That pic was taken around 1960 or so. I miss her.

o

I wish you knew the name of that first one (Pale yellow)! I would love to grow one just like it! My favorite pale shade of yellow and can't get enough of the fringes and ruffles!

o

The yellow Dahlia hasn't finished opening up yet. Here's today's picture taken this morning:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

If you have any seeds from any of them I would like that very much.

Thank You

o

Cherylgardenalways,

Since this is the 1st time for me growing dahlias, how and when do I harvest the seeds, and when should I plant them? Of course, I'll send you some seeds.

TammyPie

o

Dahlias are very prone to mutation so generally the seeds are not saved, rather the underground tubers are saved and traded. The tubers can be divided to produce more clones of the same variety of dahlia. The seeds will very likely not have the same characteristics as the parent plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here