Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dig before frost???

Posted by susanan z5 CT (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 9, 11 at 18:47

The voles are active again and there is no frost in sight. In past years, when I've left tubers in the ground too long, they've been eaten.Can I dig them up before they get hit by frost and will they still store OK? Thanks for any advice. Susanan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dig before frost???

I'm starting to dig mine now. Northeast Washington State..No frost yet but have to leave for Maryland soon. Will let you know how they come out next year. Steve in Stevens County.

o
RE: Dig before frost???

I have never dug them before a frost but there is a post below titled "when to dig my dahlias" and some people have commented that they dig them early and they are just fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here