Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
steve22802

Recommendations for a deep rose colored dahlia?

steve22802
11 years ago

I'm looking for recommendations for a deep rose pink colored dahlia for cutting. I'm thinking of Rebecca Lynn. Mystique didn't do it for me, it looked too faded. I like good strong colors.

Comments (7)

• davidinsf
    11 years ago

"I'm a Hottie" is supposed to be a vibrant HOT pink but I tried one this year and it was not HOT by any means. But it was the first year so I have learned it may need a year or two to get established.

If you want unique vibrant color, I highly recommend "Passionate".

The pic on Swan island does NOT do it justice and their description of it is almost criminal in its simplicity. They say "great garden color".. that is "a nice combination against the dark stems". It is supposed to be magenta but it is a combo of deep red and purple that I cannot adequately describe. It truly seems electric and seemingly 'glows' in my yard. Not a profuse bloomer - though again it was my first year having it so it may need a year to get accustomed to my environment (little sun). But I highly recommend it as it is a unique color that words cannot describe.

• steve22802
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I saw "I'm a Hottie" growing in a friend's garden and I liked it a lot. It's color seemed quite similar to the Onesta i'm growing now, but with less fading than I've experienced with Onesta. I think I'll give it a try next season.

• Linda's Garden z6 Utah
    11 years ago

I'm a Hottie is one of my favorites and it is very HOT color in my climate.

Linda

• oscarthecat
    11 years ago

how about Vernon Rose

• steve22802
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I looked at a variety of pictures of Vernon Rose on Google images and it doesn't appear to be a rose pink color. It actually looks just about the same as a variety I received in trade this spring called Painted Girl, lavendar with dark purple flecks, which is one of my new favorites but is not pink at all.

• Noni Morrison
    11 years ago

Ted Kennedy of Hollyhill Dahlias recommended "Hollyhill Bridget" to me as a hot pink (similar color but bigger then Fatima). I am going to try it this next year. Its still a small sized dahlia nice for bouquets. Chimicum Katie is another gorgeous Deep pink...some would call it lavender, but to me it is a hot pink that glows and beautiful shape. Another favorite of mine is Wyoming Wedding but it has a nice bit of lavender and gold mixed into the pink.

• steve22802
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions Lizalily! I can't wait till next season to try out some new varieties and to propagate more of my favorites from 2012.