Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why I love Dahlias

Posted by vikingcraftsman 6/7LINY (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 26, 08 at 21:39

Dahlias are more expensive, more work and they last longer than other flowers. But if you take care of them you get way more in return. I planted one tuber. And look at what I got.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why I love Dahlias

Dahlias aren't expensive if you take into consideration that you get blooms all summer long for just a few dollars. You can't get that from a perennial that's about the same in cost or from a pony pack of annuals that costs about the same but you don't get to cut & take in the house all season.
As for work-- just remember to toss them in the garbage pail :)
Photobucket

o

You tell them plant lady.

o

I love to look out my kitchen window and see all the color. I love having people stop me on the street and tell lme how beautiful my garden is. I love winning out against the rodents. I love that it gives me something to doall winter.
A friend of mine took all the tubers that had fallen off last Spring and had no eyes. We put them in her big garden and about half of them turned into beautiful plants.

o

May be I have more if they don't always need eyes.

o

I love dahlias. I've just discovered them this year. Mine were 5' tall with long, long strong stems. They did fall over but next year I'll put a ring on them. I'm going to try to collect more for next year.

o

Good to hear it.runningtrails we will expect to see pictures next year. If you order any thing interesting over the winter let us know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here