Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Late Bloomers

Posted by sturgeonguy 5a ON (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 7, 08 at 23:51

Well, no surprise that the latest bloomers are also amongst the largest. Over the past week I've had three first blooms...all gorgeous.

Gitts Perfection
Gitts Perfection - AID: 10" diameter flower on a 36" bush.

Gregory Stephen
Gregory Stephen - AASC: 12" diameter flower on a 48" bush.

Sherwoods Peach
Sherwood's Peach - AAID: 12" diameter flower on a 42" bush.

Cheers,
Russ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Late Bloomers

I have two Gitts Perfection bushes. It is funny how they get darker pink depending on the light they get. When the sun was on them they were almost white. The one I grew that got more shade was always darker pink. Good to see yours.

o

Absolutely Gorgeous! Could you tell me where you found the first Dahlia you have pictured? It would be a wonderful accent next year in my "cottage" style garden.

o

Monica33flowers please check out the gallery. I have posted several pictures of Gitt's Perfection. That should seal the deal with you wanting them in your garden next year.

o

Monica33flowers,

All of my Dahlias this year come from Swan Island Dahlias.

This is the link to Gitts Perfection

Cheers,
Russ

o

I just purchased Gitts Perfection and Sir Alf Ramsey at Costco. It was little under $9 for 5 of each kind packaged together in a bag.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here