Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
absmygirl

We have all lost a Great Man 'the Dahila Guru'

AbsMyGirl
17 years ago

Dear Friends & Lovers of Dahilas;

We have all lost a Great Man "the Dahila Guru", I called him.

On November 12, 2006 Bernie Mandella (Bernie_pa)passed away.

A few years ago, I had the fantastic pleasure of meeting him and his lovely wife Midge. They invited me to my first garden party. I met so many new people, they all were so welcoming.The food was fabulous and the garden displays left me all but speechless.

A year or so later, I traveled back their place with my friend since she had been bitten by the dahila bug. Again they were both so welcoming. Bernie showed us his phot collection with the President, his duties as staff director and so much more.

Everything I know about growing Dahilas succesfully, I learned from Bernie and Midge Mandella.

What I learned;

* Sharing is knowledge, no matter which way it goes.

* Mushroom Compost, will allow you to grow almost anything HUGE. whether you mix it in the soil and/or top dress as mulch.

** Lovers of plants, flowers and furry things, are the best people I have met.

** Some of the greatest people are just an email away. Were not for me asking him a question years ago, I would never of had the pleasure of knowing him.

Bernie, thank you, thank you, thank you, for serving the president, serving our country, and sharing your love of living things. God Bless you, peace be with you.

I am so happy to say I had the chance to know you and Midge.

You will be missed, I'm sure that's an understatement for Midge.

Love and Hugs,

Diane Kunkle

Comments (4)