Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
EEEKK!! and the Bones Brothers

Posted by plantlady2 NW Washington (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 2, 06 at 2:49

EEEKK!! is the name of this dahlia that will be introduced in 2007. I did up an arrangement for the Fraser Valley Dahlia Society show in Canada in Sept., titled it "EEEKK!! & the Bones Brothers" & entered it in the People's Choice catagory. It won. EEEKK!! has won every year for 4 years in the People's Choice catagory which just goes to show that people like the weird, wonderful & funky & you don't have to be a show dahlia to win awards!

This is the arrangement at home before the treck north.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Bones Brothers kind of moved themselves around on the way but were still groovin' when we got to the show!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: EEEKK!! and the Bones Brothers

• Posted by efam z7b GA (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 2, 06 at 8:31

You are so creative!!!

o

I agree! What a great spooky presentation and truly spidery splits on EEEK. Very fun!

o

Actually, those aren't splits on EEEKK!! He's not a lacinated dahlia- just one weird & twisted cactus with petals that corkscrew & show their white insides.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here