Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ebay.ca dahlia seed

Posted by maxyck zone5b canada (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 24, 12 at 11:22

Saw some seed for dahlias such as Boogie Nights, Black Wizzard, Poppers, etc, on ebay.ca. The description says height 16 inches and 2 inch flowers. I know the plants will not be true to the pictures and names shown. But are they worth buying? Any information will be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ebay.ca dahlia seed

• Posted by maxyck zone5b canada (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 7:57

These seeds have disappeared from EBay. I would still like any opinions re: seeds. Thanks.

o
RE: Ebay.ca dahlia seed

Aloha Max:
I love Dahlias and am constantly looking for different/new ones. I have purchased seed from various sources that represent themselves to be dwarf (which I am looking for to surround the big babies) and love the different color and markings you can come up with during the course of a seasons growth. I think it well worth the effort and price. Some of the Sports I have kept for many generations. You decide which you wish to dig and keep for future use. Keep in mind that what the seed says and what the seed does do not always match. Some of my "Dwarf" have been taller than I. I'm 6'8" One of my favorites came from seed. Looks like fire engine red painted on black velvet. If you have the space.......grow for it. Partner in grime.......mm

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here