Return to the Dahlia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First frost this a.m.

Posted by calpat zone9ab No.Ca. (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 28, 06 at 22:29

It was cold, but quite beutiful to see! Then the sun came out, frost melted away leaving my gorgegous Mums wilted on the ground and the Dahlias a mushy mess, so much for my fall/winter flowers. Well, you can't have everything and this was not unexpected, it happens every year! Got the Mums cleared away and onto compost pile, tomarrow, weather permitting, the dahlias will be next. The EverLasting flowers are still hanging in there along with a few Petunias and a few protected Mums. Time to get ready for a new season! How's your garden growing!BUT, last week I had taken in a huge box of Mums to one of the business offices I frequent and today got a lovely Thank You Note from each of them, the Mums added color & cheer to their Thanksgiving celebrations!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First frost this a.m.

I bet you made those people's days with your gift of flowers. Everything here is frozen solid except a few brave alyssum and lobelia still blooming in rail boxes on the front deck. How they can do it in this frigid cold blast, I'll never guess.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Dahlia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here