Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jroot_gw

Best Wishes

jroot
15 years ago

I hope all of our Dahlia friends are having a wonderful holiday season.

All the best wishes for a wonderful New Year, and excellent tuber storage for the winter.

John

Comments (12)

• Poochella
    15 years ago

Thanks Jroot, and the same to you. It is definitely wintry here. My dahlias are dwelling in the basement right now, as the garage is a sub-freezing mess with piles of heretofore unseen snow surrounding, and a Thermocube or two that are defunct! Winter: bring on the rain, I say.

Looking forward to 09 :)
    Poochella

• misslucinda
    15 years ago

So sweet of you to think of us John! Same to you and the rest of the forum.

Lucinda

• plantlady2008
    15 years ago

Best wishes to you, too & all the other Dahlia Folks out there- here's a nice Holiday red for you all--
    {{gwi:667476}}

...and a shot of our gazebo in the snow. We have even MORE snow this year but I don't have the pictures ready to put on photobucket yet so...I'll make do with Nov of 06!
    {{gwi:666855}}

Annie- I, too am looking forward to getting the rain back to the color it's supposed to be-- NOT WHITE!

• Poochella
    15 years ago

I hear you Cory! 18 inches here, much of it melted by sweet NW rain overnight, but more snow due Monday. It's a greasy winter wonderland down our hill; unfit for man and beast let alone vehicle. Our snowshovel handle broke digging out a car and not a shovel to be had in our area. Bring on the balmy 40's, I say. That's a beautiful red specimen you posted. I'll be looking at the Wynne's offerings when the holiday tasks are over. One of the joys of winter!
    {{gwi:667478}}

• vikingcraftsman
    15 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. I to am looking forward to the new season. In the hopes of spreading gardening I gave the neighbor lady one of my home build flower boxes for Christmas. She said it was to nice for out side and put a glass top on it and made an end table out of it. Oh well, next plan. Love the red Dahlia Plantlady. The wife has already told me what to order from the catalogue you sent me.

• plantlady2008
    15 years ago

The red dahlia is an '05 seedling- it'll be entered in shows next year to see how it does. It's got good form & I love the black stems on it- makes a lovely contrast with the cherry red. The leaves are a dark green- not the black of the "black" foliage dahlias but darker than the average dahlia.
    viking- in spring, sneak over there after dark, take the glass top off, plant a blooming dahlia in it & say, "I don't know ANYTHING about it!" when she asks where the plant came from >:)

• plantlady2008
    15 years ago

Here's the Big Garden on Christmas Day
    {{gwi:667480}}

...and the Sheep Pen Garden on Christmas Day
    {{gwi:667482}}

I much preferr them in the summer--
    The Big Garden in Summer
    {{gwi:653233}}

Zorro in the Garden in Summer
    {{gwi:631720}}

• vikingcraftsman
    15 years ago

Me too

• glaswegian
    15 years ago

This year was my 1st time dabbling in dahlia, they turned out well and I was really impressed with the 2 varities I purchased.

Anyone have extras to share for me to try in 2009 if you haven't put them away?

Thx and happy new year in advance

• pdshop
    15 years ago

Happy Holidays to you all. I arrived from sunny FL. which was 80 degrees to - 8 and wind chill of -20 last night to piles of snow. We can look at the big list until Spring.
    Thanks for all the help this year. I will have more in the Spring when I start looking for eyes!!

• vikingcraftsman
    15 years ago

Did you pick up any dahlias while in Flordia? Just got in from chopping wood for tonights fire. It is cold out there. Can't smell the ocean salt today.

• pdshop
    15 years ago

I was on Marco Island and I don't think Dahlias would grow there for long. It gets very hot and muggy in the summer.
    This is going to be very interesting in the Spring. I am ordering tubers because I don't trust that mine will pull through the winter. IF they do, than I am going to be planting dahlias along the roadside. OR, I could give them to the garden club.

Sponsored
Longhouse Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Prominent Architecture Firm Creating Cohesive Designs