Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carla17_gw

Would like to trade dahlia tubers

carla17
15 years ago

I have Winsome, Thomas Edison, and a yellow. I can find the name of yellow if desired. Am looking for great performers and I live in the south. Pink, white, and a blush or lavender color is what I'm looking for.

Thank you,

Carla

Comments (12)

• jroot
    15 years ago

Try again in the spring, or EARLY next fall. It is too cold to ship tubers at this time of year.

Have a great holiday season

• irish_rose_grower
    15 years ago

HI Carla. I love dahlias but don't have any to trade. If you want to trade for daylilys contact me in early spring.

• pdshop
    15 years ago

I will have a ton to give to you in the Spring if they eye up.

• carla17
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for the responses.
    Irish, I'd love to trade daylilies. I accused my husband of killing some lately, he better not have.
    pdshop, thank you for the kind offer. I will contact you.
    I could send you some Winsome. It's the only one large enough this year.

Carla

• pdshop
    15 years ago

I left another message that didn't get posted. In the Spring I can see what eyed up. I also bought some more just in case and I couldn't resist. I will be loaded if the tubers in the basement survive. Would love to give them away so they will have homes.

• busylizzy
    15 years ago

I looked in the basement and it looks like so far, the trunkload of red decrotive Dahlia tubers I was given are surviving. I pulled a few out and they are nice and plump.
    Hope they eye up and I can find the eyes!
    Would also like to trade in the Spring. I was given so many, (about 200lbs of tubers) I would hate to have them go to waste

• carla17
    Original Author
    15 years ago

busylizzy, I am not a big fan of red but if you have other colors, we can discuss that.

Thank you everyone.

Carla

• lovedahlias
    15 years ago

Hello,

I would like to recommend Pinelands Princess as a good performer! It is a lovely pink and white lacinated cactus and it produces tons of bulbs and winters over very well! I have many to give away!

• carla17
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks all. I read an article yesterday about digging, eyes, fungicide, etc. I'm able to overwinter mine in the ground here. Once, before I knew about eyes, I took a tuber and planted it at my mother's house. It survived.
    I will gladly pay for tubers or do a trade. I haven't ordered any for spring, yet. I want them all!
    Winsome does VERY well for me here.

Carla

• homemommy
    15 years ago

I wish I could trade some of mine... But I don't trust that they will perform as expected of know for sure what variety is what!! Hopefully the summer will be fuitful and I will have some to trade next year! Of course, I don't think that Canadians can ship tubers over the boarder without cruising for a bruising... I suppose that limits me to other Canuk Dahlia lovers...

• busy-girl
    15 years ago

homemommy! You can trade with me! I live in Canada and should have some to spare...I thought I lost them with all the power outages we had over the winter....So I happily ordered more...and now it turns out some of mine survived....so I should have more than enough. Do you have any particular ones that you looking for? I only grow for cutting so I mostly have B's and BB's
    Janice

• homemommy
    15 years ago

Hey Busy-Girl, I will PM you. I am not sure what B's and BB's are, but if you are not familiar with my tubers back story, I need to fill you in.

The plants I would have to trade are dinner plate dahlias. They are either purple, or purple and white in colour. (Lilac time and I think it was Moms Special). But, I won't know which I am sending due to issues last year and not identifying during storage. Where in Canada are you?

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths