Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kydaylilylady

update on the electrician dance

kydaylilylady
17 years ago

The electrician did show up and had been working diligently for three day weekends since the middle of Christmas. He even worked Christmas Eve! We are now ready for the first electric inspection that will take place on Monday. If that passes then we can finish the insulation and start the drywall.

This could be the start of steady progress.....

Janet

Comments (3)

• highjack
    17 years ago

Thank goodness I can quit doing the electrician dance for you. Between your electrician and my plumber dance, I was getting very tired.

My plumber showed up again last Saturday and actually finished. My front yard, driveway and around the building look like a giant mole have invaded my property. With all the rain, hopefully the big mounds of dirt and gravel will start to sink. My driveway looks like it has a speed bump across it.

Now that global warming has ceased and winter is on the horizon, keep your fingers crossed the company can finish their commercial project somewhere in Kansas because then it is my turn. Why do I have the feeling we will have below normal winter temps and massive snow and ice for the next six weeks. I guess it is the pessimist in me.

Brooke

• laurelin
    17 years ago

I'm glad you two can stop dancing, and start enjoying new electical and plumbing instead, LOL. This has been the weirdest, warmest winter I can remember. Grasshoppers and green perennials in January in Upstate NY? Too strange.

We're supposed to have "mixed precipitation" Sunday night into Monday, which means we could have rain, freezing rain, snow, or varying layers of each, and the weather prognosticators really don't know what will fall where, when, or in what quantity. So much for a "prediction." I'll just stick my arm out the window every hour and make an educated guess. I hope you don't get the freezing rain/accumulating ice part of that weather system.

Thank goodness I don't have to take the kids to school in that slop. My son will be delighted if it's a "snow day" for the regulars schools, though, since I told him that if the regular schools had a snow day, we wouldn't do any paper homework in our home school. He just wants SERIOUS SNOW. We haven't had more than a trace all winter.

Laurel

• kydaylilylady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How can you not pass the inspection and still get your passed sticker?

Apparently the inspector didn't like the way our fellow wired the smoke detectors and wants them all on one circuit. I thought our electrician was going to blow his own circuit! That's going to take pulling wires out and running more. About another 2 days. What our man did wasn't wrong, it just wasn't what the inspector was used to seeing so he wanted it redone. The thing I don't understand is why he went ahead and gave us the approval sticker if he didn't approve it. Of course we're going to make the changes because we don't want it coming back to haunt us but I hate it when they say one thing and do another.

Anyway, onward and upward!

Janet