Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deafblossom

Mother passed away......

deafblossom
19 years ago

Hey my friends..

My mother passed away peacefully in sleep on December 28th. She has been illness for long time. I have been with her for almost two weeks. I am still in Indianapolis, IN and will go back home (Arkansas) sometime later this week or next week. I missed her so much! Thank you for support and praying for my mother.

Kat

Comments (8)

• lilyfantn
    19 years ago

Kat, I am so, so sorry. Losing a parent is so hard as you are always their child no matter how old you get. And for me, losing my mother was the hardest. The winter will be a good time for reflection and grieving. This past year I put in a memorial bed in my front yard in memory of both my parents. It has five miniature blueberry bushes and a serviceberry (because they loved to watch birds) and filled in with daylilies (because I wish they could be here to see them). It made me feel a lot better to plan what I would do and to work on it. Almost like they were with me while I did it. I'm still looking for just the right thing for the middle of the bed - like a bird bath or something. I know I'll know it when I see it.
    Anyway, my thoughts and lots of prayers will be with you and your family. I know you were a very good daughter to her because you have spent so much time visiting with her this past year. Take care and I'm looking forward to having you with us again on garden web.
    Love and prayers Susan

• daylilydayzed
    19 years ago

Kat, I know the pain you are going through right now. But remember the good times you shared with her and she will be with you forever. I lost my mother last year on Dec 31. So you are now starting the year of firsts, first Easter, First Valentine's Day and so on without her. I will pray that you can go on with your routine and remember her with a smile.

• kydaylilylady
    19 years ago

Kat,
    I'm sorry to hear of you mother's passing. It was good that you were able to spend some of the last year up there with her. That you will never regret. So far I've only lost my grandparents but it still brings a smile to my face to remember times spent in the strawberry patch helping my grandfather pick, the times he took us kids fishing and all the other good times we had together. Remember those times with your mother. It will give you comfort in the years to come.

Janet

• deafblossom
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hi..

Thank you so much for a nice input about my mother. My mother's favorite was Tiger Lily. Do you know which named of daylily that would look like Tiger lily? Her name was Margaret Fay Schmidt. I would love to start to build a memorial bed of my parents. I miss her so much. It is hurts me lots!! Thank you again, Kat

• kydaylilylady
    19 years ago

Did she had a knick name like Maggie or Peggy? If so there's PRETTY PEGGY, LITTLE MAGGIE, MAGGIE TWIN CREEKS, MARGARET HUNTER. Those I have. There are several listed in the Eureka. ALso if you go to the Eureka's website there is the Daylily Dictionary that lists all the daylilies registered and preregistered. You could get the names and then do a websearch.

Janet

• deafblossom
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Janet, My mother's nick name called "Peggy"... I do not have Pretty Peggy in my daylily collection. I thought that Pretty Peggy would be a good matched my mother because she was always so pretty mom. I would love have some of yours. Let me know if you are intested in trade with me. I have some perennial plants. I will look into Eureka's website. LMK.. Thank you, Kat

• lilyfantn
    19 years ago

Hi Kat. Again, all my sympathy. I've been thinking... why don't you post this subject of the other part of the daylily forum (not conversation, and not gallery...I forget what its called - you know, the main one) along with your idea for a memorial garden. I bet you would get lots of suggestions and ideas.

• mrsgardener
    19 years ago

Kat--- So sorry to hear about your Mother's passing.
    I gave a Daylily award in my Dad's memory last year @ our local Daylily show. It was for the smallest DL-- best of show. I gave my mom the show guide and photos of the flower show including the DL that won Dad's award. It touched her heart! He was a lover of flowers. I think that the crystal bowl that was given as the award was approx $8.00. I will do the same this year.-- Donna