Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kydaylilylady

Drywall Waltz?

kydaylilylady
17 years ago

The electrician is done and the string of cold, cold weather seems to have broke so hubbie and helpers started on the insulation two days ago. It's close to being done so they're closing up the porch roof today and I think they're soon going to start drywalling. They want to do the kitchen and the bathrooms first so we can measure for cabinets and get them ordered.

Is anyone in the money lending business? I think money is going to start leaving my pocket at a horribly alarming rate here very, very soon. I think I'm going to have to put off my spring daylily orders this year. Reckon it'd be worth it if we could get moved into this house by fall.

Janet

Comments (11)

• highjack
    17 years ago

Money lending or spending? I do my part with keeping the economy flowing by having my money flow out. I know nothing about bringing money IN in any way, shape or form.

Let me see, with at least 1000 different cultivars growing at your place, you can probably skip a spring order this year and make do with your current crop. Now 'fess up, how many have you purchased on the LA over the winter?

Just think how much more money you will have next year when you don't have to drive from your house to the patch to tend your garden. And restroom facilities will be much improved for you!

Brooke

• kydaylilylady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, you've convinced me that I don't need to buy the Stamile collection this year. I'll admit, I do have some coming in from the auction although I'm not admitting to how many....

Janet

• highjack
    17 years ago

I still want to know how many and what are the names!

Brooke

• kydaylilylady
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK, we're looking at
    SC Spice Girl
    Jerry Nettles
    Forever Redeemed
    Eye of the Hurricane
    Red Pennant
    Euro-amazing
    Songwriter
    Daddys Little Girl
    Miss Izy
    Folk Tales
    Hank Williams
    Winter Treasure
    Autumn Sojourne
    Spectral Elegance
    Velvet Onyx
    Glory in Red
    Mississippi Red Bed Beauty
    Spiny Sea Urchin

And it people keep their cotton picking hands off the bid button I might have Johnny Cash by tomorrow. Then I'm quitting. I might have to break my fingers but that's going to be it for this spring.

Janet

• highjack
    17 years ago

Do they put casts on fingers or do they just tape them up? Either way, you would still be able to hit the keys enough to bid - LOL and ROTFLMAF and VBG and any other symbol to indicate I don't believe a word you are saying and am highly amused.

Brooke

PS We might need to talk about EURO AMAZING.

• vegangirl
    16 years ago

Janet, how is the house building going? Are you building or remodeling?

• mizellie
    16 years ago

Brooke, they do use splints on broken fingers. I can see it now, Janet pecking away with a stiff finger. Funny pic...Ellie

• highjack
    16 years ago

Janet needs to come back and tell us exactly how many more she has purchased since her big declaration on 2-27 about being finished. Who wants to bet she bought more since then.

vegangirl - see the septic tank thread. It is a BIG remodel job. Janet lives on one farm and her daylily garden is on another farm they bought a few years back. When completed, she will actually walk out her door and have the daylilies right there instead of driving to do all the hard work. I know she will be overjoyed!

Brooke

• kydaylilylady
    Original Author
    16 years ago

NA NA NA!!!! Not one!!!! I'm in a planting phase now, not an ordering one....

And EUROAMAZING is going like gangbusters!

Janet

• highjack
    16 years ago

You want me to believe that since Feb. 27 you HAVE NOT purchased a new daylily? Sorry, I would need to see your checkbook/charge card bill before I will believe that one. That's over two months - nope, don't believe it. Didn't you get something at one of the club meetings recently??????????

If you can come by tomorrow by noon you can see the garden weed free. After that time I'm sure more will have sprouted up. Two and a half days of intense weeding and I can hardly move. I need a yard boy.

Brooke

• kydaylilylady
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I think that was the middle of Feb. so that doesn't count! That was the raffle plant. But I've bought a swing, backless bench and bench plus some labels. Never fear, I'm still out there spending money to make the economy hum!

Janet

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths