Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edward_kimball_gw

Photography

Edward_Kimball
18 years ago

I guess we can get some conversations rolling. I never did post here but know that I know a few of you better i wouldn't mind some off-topic chatter. Anyway, I like to pretend that I know what to do with a camera and I love doing seascapes. If anyone would like to take a look I have some here.

Edward

Here is a link that might be useful: Edward's Seascapes

Comments (14)

• highjack
    18 years ago

Edward - you are soooooooo talented. I love the lighthouse with the snow, the seaside town and the abandoned boat. Did you ever think about trying to start a side business from this talent?

Brooke

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Brooke, if I win the lottery I would be taking pictures full time. *Like that's going to happen*

My wife and I are trying to have a baby and if we are successful I am going to be a stay-at-home-dad. My wife is in a better place career wise. I might try to make money with daylilies and photography because both lend themself to dragging a child around.

Edward

• highjack
    18 years ago

Edward if you are like I am, you could win the lottery IF you ever bought a lottery ticket!

Cool, a stay at home dad. There is a guy on the hosta forum that is a stay at home too. He tells some of the funniest stories about his new chosen career. I'm sure you will have lots of help from your daylily buds when you become the chief bottle washer/diaper changers!

Brooke

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I buy lottery tickets every now and then if the jackpot gets above $20 Million.

I think that I would really enjoy being a stay at home. I was laid off for a bit last year and house husband duties weren't too bad. My cooking is not as good as my wife's but it is improving. I make a mean meatloaf.

Edward

• maximus7116
    18 years ago

Edward, love the boat and the belly! For some reason I prefer B&W photography (unless we're talking daylilies).

Chris

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Chris. The belly belongs to a good friend's wife and the boat is just down the road from my house. In the late spring it gets surrounded by lupines.

Edward

• gatransplant
    18 years ago

Hi Edward. I agree that the abandoned boat is a winner. Since you mentioned lupines surrounding it in the spring, had you considered doing a series through the seasons? Your lighthouses are very good. My boyfriend is originally from Cape Cod, Massachussetts, and last year on vacation he bought a book of coastal photography by a local artist. Things like that go over well with tourists.

Lelia

• butterflychaser
    18 years ago

Great photography! I love all the lighthouse shots, but then I'm a water fanatic. Since I don't live near the ocean or even a river, I've made several small ponds in my gardens in protest. LOL

Beautiful pictures, Edward! That would be an incredible career for a stay at home dad. You're definitely talented!

• numama
    18 years ago

Edward,
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SEA! Your seascapes are AWESOME! Definitely get a book done to sell! What fun that would be! Hey sounds like you would make a good stay at home dad and bringing a child up with your creativity would more than likely spill into your children some day as it has for my kids!
    Nancy

• tweetypye
    18 years ago

Hi Edward,
    I just dropped in here to see what everyone was doing, and just had to tell you also, how much I admire your photography! Your work is wonderful. I love to take photos, and as you can imagine with all my cross country traveling, I have tons of photos, but I am no where near as good with a camera as you. I agree with everyone else, and you should make a career out of your talent!
    Hey, you can still raise a baby and use a camera. Just think of all the cute pics of the baby you can make!!
    Enjoyed your pictures.
    Jan

• rsts
    18 years ago

Hi Edward, I also enjoyed the pictures. I especially like the lighthouse pictures. Also, enjoyed peeking at the bit of countryside that is showing. Good luck in your endeavors.

• gonegardening
    18 years ago

WOW, Edward! Those are superb!! Yes, you do need to think about what you could do with those! They're really good! And to think we just thought you took great daylily pictures!!

Success with the bambino...we'll all be waiting to hear the news! Stay at home Dad...that's wonderful! You'll have such fun! I loved being home with my kids!

Thanks for sharing those!

• toomanyanimals
    18 years ago

My favorites ... 2nd picture of wood, boat, and belly.

tma

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Edward

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting