Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tweetypye

Ellie, you inspired me........:)

tweetypye
17 years ago

So out I went before the rains set in, to make some photos of what's blooming in my garden. ;o)

An early blooming azalea.

{{gwi:630434}}
Ice King daffodil

{{gwi:630435}}
Blonde Beauty daffodil (of course I had to have this one, since I'm a natural blonde...lol)

{{gwi:630436}}
Very first iris to open this spring.

{{gwi:630437}}
Red and white camelia

{{gwi:630438}}
Pink and white camelia

{{gwi:630439}}
Red camelia

{{gwi:630440}}
Pansies and my cocker, Angel

{{gwi:630441}}
One of my many redbud trees.

{{gwi:630443}}
Saucer magnolia (a mother's day gift from one of my daughters several years ago)

{{gwi:630445}}
Hope you enjoyed your walk through my gardens this morning... ;o)

Jan

Comments (9)

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Creeping phlox, but my Mama always called it purple threft. Guess maybe that's a common name around here. :)
    {{gwi:630447}}
    Of course, I got my start of this from my Mama.

Jan

• maximus7116
    17 years ago

I can see I need to move to Alabama.

• MaxBaerHems
    17 years ago

Stunning Jan!!!
    It is Not Fair....you and Ellie have all this Beauty blooming all around you...and I'm Stuck up here...getting ready for 6 inches or more of heavy wet snow.....starting tonight thru Saturday morning......NOT FAIR!!!! ....ROTFL

Rick

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry folks....not really...LOL...I wouldn't trade places with ya'll for anything! ;o)
    Just pack up and come on down to spring time in Alabama!!!.......LOL....ROTFL at Rick.....:)

Jan

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Oh my, oh my, I am envying you folks down south right now. It's been snowing up here, and we might even get a nor'easter storm by tomorrow night. Thank you for sharing your blooming beauties! I wish I could grow camellias, and I can hardly wait for my daffodils to bloom. I had my first crocuses of the year open yesterday.

That iris is just beautiful. I love irises (they were one of my first gardening loves, and I've got quite a few historic ones). Yours looks like a historic one - do you know its name?

Laurel

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No Laurel, I don't know the name of that one. My son was renting an old home out in the country, and there were tons of these growing around a large oak tree. Of course they didn't bloom much, due to being in the shade. He was going to dig them and throw them away, so I rescued them. Now, I have a long bed bordering my driveway, and they reach from one end to the other. Should be spectacular when they are all blooming, I think. I don't know how much bloom I'll get this year on them, due to moving them last fall.
    Jan

• mizellie
    17 years ago

Ok , you natural blond , you. it's raining here and we sure needed it so I can't get out and get pics. But I do have the one of the Star Mag. Maybe the daffodils will survive the rain.

I have 3 redbuds in my yard but they are just beginning to bud. just in time for the 28 degrees we will have tomorrow night. Everything will be bitten again. I m still happy about the rain though.

We call ( north Alabamians ) Creeping flocks, thrift. it's called that because it's is so thrifty...lol..Spreads well if you have a small hill to cover and I have several....Ellie

{{gwi:630450}}

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh Ellie, just look at that bed full of dl's behind your Star Magnolia, which is beautiful BTW. :) They look so organized with your labels so neat and in rows!!

Let me tell you a little story about my dl labels....
    The first time our new pastor came to visit me at my home last summer, he remarked to me that by having my dl's labeled and so neat, it showed him that I was a very organized and diciplined person! ....LOL
    He's exArmy, and you know how those Army folks are!
    Hmmmmm....not so sure about his observation however....
    ...I just want to be able to keep up with what dl's I have and where they are!!! ;O)
    Jan

• mizellie
    17 years ago

Well tweety, that patch is pretty organized but some of the other aren't. he ones in the flower beds look pretty good though. The new bed I ade last year at the side of the house is coming along pretty good too!! When the dls get up more, you can't see the labels as well and that's a good thing since the labels are so stark. But they look nice when the are blooming.. I wish I was young enough ( or able ) to make pretty beds like you have. But alas, I don't have the energy anymore. I finished claeang and tilling my seedling patch just in time for a freeze. Some of the newer ones were going to bloom this year but I am not so sure what the cold is going to do to them. I will take a picture of them next week and show you. Some are very tiny and some were last years first blooms....Ellie

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer