Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tweetypye

While waiting for the 'main event',,,,,,

tweetypye
17 years ago

my daylily blooms...here is some more of whats blooming in my garden. :)

A few of my azaleas:

{{gwi:630739}}
{{gwi:630740}}
{{gwi:630741}}
dogwoods:

{{gwi:630742}}
flowering almonds:

{{gwi:630743}}
siberian iris:

{{gwi:630744}}
wisteria:

{{gwi:630745}}
some daffodils:

{{gwi:630746}}
{{gwi:630748}}
{{gwi:630749}}
{{gwi:630750}}
{{gwi:630752}}
forgot this ones name :(

{{gwi:630753}}
What's blooming in your garden....show us some photos, please.....:o)

Jan

Comments (12)

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Thank you for showing us the glories of spring in your yard, Jan! We're just getting the first stirrings up spring here in Upstate NY. I posted pictures on another thread, but I can't resist posting this one again:

{{gwi:630431}}
    Crocus tommasinianus, my favorite crocus.

I did a bunch of garden clean-up over the past couple days, which was very relaxing and invigorating. Cutting off dead perennial stalks, pruning various roses and shrubs - it just made me feel better to neaten up in readiness for the great rush of green that I'm hoping for in the next month.

Laurel

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Very pretty Laurel, and I did see you pics on the other thread. It's always exciting to see the first plants pushing up in early spring, isn't it? I've been as busy as a honey bee in a field of clover lately, myself....so much to do...so little time!!! :) I've already begun getting in my dl orders and planting them. Can't wait to see the first bloom scapes going up...I have a friend in south Alabama who is already seeing scapes!!!
    Thanks for sharing your pretty blossoms Laurel...come on you other folks....let's see the prelude to daylilies that's taking place in your gardens....:)
    Jan

• MaxBaerHems
    17 years ago

Wow........you Gal's are surrounded by Beauty....very nice!! I'll get there in a few more weeks....I hope...LOL LOL

Rick

• katlynn719
    17 years ago

Hi Jan, Here's a pic of a native plant that grows in our yard...in a semi-natural area in the back. It is Wild Rosemary and never gets any water, fertilizer, or mulch, but it spreads a little each year. We have 2 large clumps of it now. It is about 2' tall. That is a palmetto bush behind it (the only native palm in our area of FL). The 2 small agave on the sides were stuck there because we didn't know what else to do with them (not native but surviving quite well).

Wild Rosemary
    {{gwi:630754}}

Here is a close-up of the flower -
    {{gwi:630755}}

I think it's pretty...and you've gotta love those freebies!

Kathy

• mizellie
    17 years ago

Sorry folks. I started a thread with my redbuds. The dogwoods aren't open yet but soon will be.
    Jan, I have some of those same daffs but mine a finished blooming. I do have buds on clematis though, I am sure it will be another week or two before I see them bloom.
    Kathy, I love the rosemary. Especially because it's a freebie. It must smell terrific when it's blooming.

Poor Rick, be patient, it won't be long before we are hurrying to see who will get their pics posted first..LOL...can't wait....Ellie

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That's really pretty Kathy. Nothing like getting some freebies, is there?
    Here are a few more photos of my gardens taken this morning.
    Wisteria
    {{gwi:359981}}
    Various azaleas
    {{gwi:359978}}
    Creeping phlox
    {{gwi:359976}}
    Daffs in a daylily bed :)
    {{gwi:359974}}
    Dogwood and iris (see the new round bed behind the dogwood, that's a new Munson bed)
    {{gwi:359972}}
    Hope you enjoyed them.
    Jan

• MaxBaerHems
    17 years ago

How Beautiful!!! I'm gona find me a piece of land in the South! Ya'll sure have gorgeous gardens!

• katlynn719
    17 years ago

Jan, I could walk around your garden all day long just looking...so pretty. Are those the free iris (around the dogwood) you dug up at your son's house?
    Kathy

• loveofmylife680
    17 years ago

1st tree is a red bud but it looks like it doesnt have many more years left 2nd white dogwood 3rd a pink dogwood that I just love we have to redo our front step and I told my hubby if he damaged the pink dogwood he might as well pack his bags lol My road is called dogwood lane and there are 8 houses on it every house has 2 or more dogwoods in the front yard.
    Jill
    {{gwi:630756}}
    {{gwi:630757}}
    {{gwi:630758}}

• tweetypye
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes Kathy, those are the rescued iris I got from my son's rental home. Aren't they gorgeous? I love the fact that they are blooming with the dogwood! Come on up here Kathy, I'd love to show you around my gardens.. :)
    Jill, your gardens are great, I love all the trees, especially the pink dogwood...I must get me one of those!
    Is the brick beds in the first photo, in your garden? They look fantastic!
    Jan

• loveofmylife680
    17 years ago

Jan that is my neighbhors house and he just got them done at the end of summer last year and has not planted much yet. The pink dogwood was planted about 10 yrs ago according to my neighbor across the street, his dad lived here 1st and the house was built in 1958.
    Jill

• katlynn719
    17 years ago

Jill, Your dogwoods are beautiful! They are one of my favorite trees. Thanks for sharing the pics.
    Jan, Thanks for the sweet invitation, but as long as you keep posting pics, I can stroll through your garden sitting right here in front of the pc. It's almost as good as being there!
    :-)
    Kathy