Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rsts_gw

pictures!!!!!

rsts
18 years ago

Well, the camera was delivered today and I had to try it. Below are some pictures with all three cameras. Since I don't know much about the Canon yet, I shot the pictures with the Canon and Nikon on automatic. Shade white balance was used on the Olympus because it does not give good pictures on automatic. I was somewhat surprised. The Nikon gave slightly richer colors than the real bloom, but not bad, except on the HBHMBxSdlg. It seems to have marched to a different drummer on that one.

AWESOME BLOSSOM X UNUSUAL REVELATIONS

{{gwi:630797}}

SEMINOLE WIND X ED BROWN

{{gwi:630799}}

HBHMB X SDLG

{{gwi:630801}}

Comments (10)

• numama
    18 years ago

Royce, I'd say the Canon looks VERY GOOD! Congratulations on the new camera and hopefully Nikon will do something about your messed up camera so you can auction it off or something!

Nancy

• highjack
    18 years ago

Very interesting - the new Canon definitely resembles the old Olympus in almost portraying the same color. Notice on the Nikon camera the lack of it being able to capture the color yellow, as in the throats of the first two different blooms and then the exaggeration of the peachy color in the HBHMB seedling and not being able to record the green throat. You are correct that the Nikon does portray everything darker than the other cameras. I'm sure there is an appropriate setting to correct this but lawdy, I can't help you there.

Have fun with the new camera and all the pics you will send.

Brooke

• rsts
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the comments. I am anxious to take a picture of a pink such as RIBBONS AND THINGS. The Olympus doesn't photograph that well, so will be interesting to see how the Canon does. For a first day of just point and shoot, without even reading the manual, I am pleased with the Canon. I intend to continue to document the poor Nikon pictures and send it back to their repair center (again!).

• riverratspaz
    18 years ago

Royce that nikon looks seriously heavy on the reds?
    That might be why i cant accurately represent the yellows and greens?
    As the greens look much richer in the nikon shoots.

G

• Edward_Kimball
    18 years ago

On an unrelated note, HBHMB X SDLG is awesome.

Edward

• rsts
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Gerard, I agree that the Nikon is heavy on the reds. Played with the cameras very little, in full sun today. Nothing good came of that. Now that I "have it in gear", did some work today. Also, dabbed pollen on 15 blooms today.

Edward, nice to see you on the conversations side. Thanks for the comment on the seedling. So far, it is my favorite of anything that has bloomed, registered or unregistered.

• katlynn719
    18 years ago

Hi Royce,
    Very nice seedlings! I can't wait to give that a try this summer. I'd be thrilled with anything half as nice as yours. The photos all look good to me. I'd say the Canon and the Olympus are tied for first...but the Nikon doesn't look as bad as I expected from your previous posts. Of course it's hard to judge in this format. You have a much clearer pic on your own monitor before resizing and compressing. I'm still having fun with my A620. I took some really cool pics of a garter snake eating a frog and a close up of a 6 striped racerunner (lizard). But I won't post them because I'm afraid you'd have a heart attack!
    :-)
    Hope you enjoy your new Canon.
    Kat

• highjack
    18 years ago

Sooooo - where are new pictures? Did you read the manuel yet? It's cold, might have snow showers and I want to see some daylilies blooming at your place!

Brooke

• rsts
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Kat, thanks for not posting the snake picture in this thread. They give me the heebie-jeebies, or something like that. However, if you would like to post it for others, start a new thread and make the Subject: Snake picture. Some might enjoy seeing it and I won't look.

Brooke, Don't have much in the line of new pictures. Have been busy and still can only point and shoot with the Canon. Have started a new thread in which I am only showing pics with no camera comparisons. Hope your weather is not too bad. Low 30s predicted here for a couple of nights after very warm weather.

• highjack
    18 years ago

Hopefully this is our last blast of winter. No snow here but at 5:00 p.m. I had to go move my JM's back into the building because it was raining ice. Temp was 40 but the rain was frozen. Two more days to endure and then "normal" temps return. Right now anything above 45 with sun is welcome.

Brooke

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012