Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurelin_gw

TTFN - see you all next week

laurelin
17 years ago

Hello all,

I'm going to be off the web for a while - I'm going in for surgery tomorrow AM (hysterectomy), and I'll be out of commission for the weekend at least. I would appreciate any prayers you care to raise. Even though I expect this to be a big step toward my return to good health, I'm a little bit nervous.

Those of you waiting for warm weather, keep hoping and planning and planting, and those of you enjoying great weather, go get dirty in the garden! (And maybe take a few pictures to share here??) I'll be back sometime next week.

Laurel

Comments (15)

• highjack
    17 years ago

I wish you a speedy recovery. You will be soooo bored by the time they let you do "normal" things, you will actually look forward to running the vacuum. Then after you run it one time, you wonder what the H you were thinking.

Enjoy the rest - I played golf five weeks after the surgery.

Brooke

• katlynn719
    17 years ago

Laurel, We'll be thinking about you and wishing you a very speedy recovery. Please post here again, as soon as you're able, so we'll know you're ok. I know you'll be glad when it's over. Waiting and worrying is the worst part!
    Kathy

• mizellie
    17 years ago

Laurel, My prayer for you is that God will take care of you. He will I know but it doesn't hurt to ask him to do something that he wants to do. I will be looking for you back on the GW and BTW, I did get dirty in the garden today. No pics for awhile yet though. God bless you...Ellie

• gonegardening
    17 years ago

Bless your heart, Laurel. I hope you're home quickly and that your recovery is speedy. We'll miss you, so when you feel up to it, check back in. Take care.

• numama
    17 years ago

A speedy recovery to you Laurel! Hopefully spring will return for us next week and I can get to digging and planting!
    Blessings,
    Nancy

• kydaylilylady
    17 years ago

Since this is being posted too late for you to see before your surgery we'll say that we hope everything went fine and that you get all the soreness and stiffness out real soon and make a speedy recovery.

Take care of yourself and let everybody baby you for a while.

Janet

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

As Janet said, I hope all went well for you in your surgery, and know that my prayers are with you. Hurry back, you'll be missed here. :)
    Jan

• laurelin
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your prayers and kind words of encouragement! The surgery went well, with only a couple complications that were easily resolved. I came home Saturday afternoon, but this is the first day I've felt like sitting at the computer. My family and friends have been a huge blessing, and even my kids have been trying to help me out. My cats have been my contant companions - who needs a heating pad, with a warm fuzzy cat to snuggle instead?

We're having a nasty nor-easter, so spring will have to wait until next week. I've got a bunch of nice daylily seedlings indoors, so I checked on them today. How encouraging, and I can hardly wait to plant them out in a couple weeks.

Thank you - I appreciate your friendship!

Laurel

• highjack
    17 years ago

Glad your up and about and of course you checked seedlings - what else would a gardener do.

Brooke

• MaxBaerHems
    17 years ago

I'm glad it all went well for you...relax and recover while it's Yucky out...then you will be up and about for the warm weather..:)

Rick

• mizellie
    17 years ago

Welcome back Laurel. We missed you and are truly grateful for your recovery. Just take it easy, the garden can wait!!!! Well, it can wait a little. I know you will be axious to get out there but take great care...Ellie

• katlynn719
    17 years ago

Welcome back, Laurel! Glad you're on the road to recovery.
    Kathy

• gonegardening
    17 years ago

It's good to see you're back with us! Do take it easy. Daylily seedlings to check on and a cozy kitty (or two) sound like a winning combination to me!

• laurelin
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I had to laugh yesterday - I thought I'd planned my garden orders pretty well, so that the daylilies would arrive in early May, and I'd be able to plant them myself, right away. SO, guess what arrived yesterday? A box of daylilies. I forgot that I'd done a small order from GHWild quite a while ago, for a few things from one of their great sales. Here I am, unable to bend down to pick up things I've dropped, with a box of daylilies to plant. Phooey. Fortunately, my friend Becky was coming to visit that day, and she planted them for me. I pointed, she planted. Aren't friends great?

My little box contained: 'Route Sixty Six,' 'Black Friar,' 'Moorish Beauty,' and a bonus of 'Alice in Wonderland.' They were decent divisions of 3-4 smaller fans each, a little dried out but healthy otherwise. I doubt they'll bloom this year, but I might get a pleasant surprise.

Laurel

• tweetypye
    17 years ago

Hi Laurel,
    Glad you're doing so well....yep...life has a way of throwing those little surprises at us, doesn't it. Glad your friend was there to help! Aren't friends wonderful?
    I've got you down for shipment on May 1st, but if you need to push that back farther, just let me know....no problem on my end!! Have a great weekend, and I pray for your speedy recovery so you can soon be back to normal.
    Jan