Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daylilyfool

Feedback on the Auction

daylilyfool
20 years ago

I am having trouble getting people to leave feedback for me on the Lily Auction. I can't build a reputation there without it. Do they not want to say anything nice about anyone? Am wondering what the problem is, I always pay right away and leave them nice feedback.

Comments (5)

• snickerspooh
    20 years ago

Hi! I think that you might want to just give folks a Very Friendly reminder about feedback when you are cooresponding with them. Something like "please don't forget to leave feedback for me!:-)))" I almost always get feedback wether I'm selling or buying. Most times people will give only one feedback for multiple auctions in the same time-frame. As far as being a buyer, your reputation isn't nearly as important......don't get me wrong, negative feedback of any kind is damaging. However, if you only have 5 feedbacks and they're all positive, it doesn't affect you as a buyer. If you're trying to get feedback because you plan on selling, I don't think that the feedback you receive as a buyer is going to help you out any. If I'm checking someone's feedback, I'm looking for what kinds of things their buyers said about the plants they received.
    Just a thought.
    Nicole

• joyce_3
    20 years ago

Daylilyfool I have wondered the same thing myself.I always pay right away too and sometimes get one and sometimes not.I
    even checked to see if they were giving other buyers for the same auction feedbacks. And you know sometimes they do.So I decided if they don't give me one, they don't get one either.

• rsts
    20 years ago

From my experience, I think one factor is communication. I agree with Nicole's comments. If you would like positive feedback, I think it might be useful, to say something like "I mailed the check today. Will appreciate you leaving positive feedback". Although I have sold, I only buy now and while I still like to get positive feedback it is not as important as when one is selling.

Last year, I bought a few seeds. One person never communicated, even though I sent him an email. Another thanked me for buying and even asked for some ideas on bonus seeds I would like. Both sent nice seeds and mailed promptly. I left positive feedback for the first one, but only after he left positive feedback for me. There was never a question but what I would leave positive feedback for the second one. Just some thoughts.

Royce

• pfllh
    19 years ago

I always include with the email that I would appreciate feedback upon receipt of payment and I would reciprocate upon receipt of the plant.
    I questioned not getting feedback one time and was advised that I had replied immediately to emails, paid promptly and did as he expected to be done. That was the reason for no feedback - did what HE expected of a buyer. Takes all kinds.
    Lynn

• Garden_rookie
    19 years ago

I agree with all the ones that say a gentle reminder with your payment. I also remind them again when I receive the plants if they haven't left it yet. Some will wait until you leave feedback first. No one wants to give a great feedback, only to get a slap back from the buyer. BUT, IMHO, send good stuff and send it right away, or when you say you will, and there should not be any problems! Most of this is based on a few years on E-Bay and reading ALOT of others feedback! LOL

Kathy