Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Treasures From The past

Posted by riverratspaz 09LA (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 12, 06 at 13:05

Well im finally posting some pics so you all can see what i have been talking about. Remember i was finding sidewalks, pots, teacups, ETC while we were doing some dirt work?

Well you all are in for a treat, here are some pics from me digging and the pot i found, also something i dug up, just to see what might have been on the property to contribute to all these finds.

Here goes Gerard
Image hosting by Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Treasures From The past

What great treasures you are finding! I hope you can use these great finds within your garden. What is the picture of the building - I can't enlarge it.

Brooke

o

Hmmm, all I've found is marbles, and a big patch of sand (our neighborhood was a golf course 75 years ago - I guess I bought one of the old sand traps). I saved the marbles (to make up for the ones I've lost while taking care of my family).

Laurel

o

Laurel, you are funny..Maybe you found the ones I lost too!!! Ellie

o

Yeah, you can count on Ellie to bring a laugh! I think they were my marbles tho!

Gerard, I'm with Brooke on that photo....explain
The pot looks rather interesting, what do you know about it?
Nancy

o

The photo is of an old sugar Mill, La Hermitage Sugar House.
This thing was massive, and there was a small line of houses also look here
If you want to look into the family search under Marius Pons Bringier
The pot i found while digging, some of you have to deal with rocks, and such, look what i find when i dig? I found some cups the other day, all broken, a 1929 penny, some ROME coin (havent IDed) a tax token, perfume bottle (in tack) baby doll leg(ceramic) spoons knives ETC, still looking and digging, supposidly it is rumored during the civil war, a slave very close to the family (family was creole) tore through the big house LA Hermitage(louisiana) and picked up all the jewelry, silver, and FINE items buried them in a trunk near the mill......AHHHHHHHHHHH WHERES THAT DANG TRUNK!!!!?????

Check out these other pics i found of the whole place!!!
Gerard

SIDE VIEW

FRONT VIEW

BACK VIEW

o

I love history and what great things you are uncovering. Beats my rocks and a Texaco sign.

Brooke

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here