Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abbydales

A message to Polllinator Bob

abbydales
16 years ago

I am really sorry that happened on your post. I just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed what you said. It is a wonderful thing to wander among your gardens and marvel at the natural world, it can make some of those things that seem to bog life down, just disappear. I do believe that we need to connect more with the natural world, that we have gotten too far removed from it. I had one of those great days yesterday, the sunshine wiped away the last traces of weeks of cold, damp rain, and it felt fantastic to pull weeds, dig, fertilize, and check out every new plant emerging. I had literally dozens of hummingbirds zipping around my head, and one bush had a bumblebee in every blossom.

Of course not everyone can be touched by nature or by anything like this, mental illness is such a complex and little understood illness. I won't attempt to discuss it because I know so little about it.

Anyway, your post made me smile, and I showed it to my teenage daughter, who wanted to print it out. We are always talking about how we feel when we get our outside time, and your words captured it nicely.

Thank you, and please keep posting.

Comments (14)

• katlynn719
    16 years ago

I'd like to second what abbydales said. I also enjoyed your post Bob, and hope that you will continue to share. For me, gardening is a great stress reliever. Even pulling weeds helps me to relax (Don't get any ideas, Brooke - I have plenty of "relaxing" to do in my own yard).
    :-)
    Flowers...they do make me smile. What a gift!
    Kathy

• pollinatorbob
    16 years ago

First of all, let me say...you guys are great! I needed to hear that. That post came straight from my heart and when the response was like it was, first of all I felt guily for writing it, and after I came to my senses I wondered how it could have been so mis-interpreted....it's one of those things that there is no real answer for. But I guess the emotion touched someone and possibly reminded them of something terrible in their life...and so they reacted. I think good writing can sometimes do that. But I really needed to hear it from you...so thanks...and your daughter copied it, nice to hear...I really apprecite you letting me know. Bob

• mlwgardener
    16 years ago

I think your post was well within the rights to be posted on anykind of gardening forum. Of course, we all have opinions. They are what makes each of us individuals. I'm gald you responded and know that your feelings about our natural world are shared by more gardeners. You are blessed with the ability to express yourself in words, so don't ever give this up. We will try to remember to post on this side so we don't anger anyone. I'm forever posting pictures on the discussion side and I'm sure I'll get my hands slapped one day also.

I find my blessings each day as I walk outside in my garden and I always give the glory to God. This is my passion with all my plants.

Please keep sharing, Mona

• mizellie
    16 years ago

Bob, I also loved your post so don't let a little thing like a smark aleck, stop you. I enjoy the beauty of nature that God has so richly blessed us with and when I see a new bloom coming whether it a daylily or something else, I just have to admire it and be thankful that it was put right there, right then, for me!!...Ellie

• maximus7116
    16 years ago

I enjoyed your "musings" too, Bob. I think Spring and gardening just do that to us!

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Please Bob, don't stop posting!

Laurel

• lotodig
    16 years ago

Bob, I too was touched by your post. I related to the essence you potrayed, your discription of the feeling of being in that special place and expierencing that special feeling was familiar and warm.
    Thanks for sharing that........

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Warm fuzzies. Yeah. That.

• jkunkel
    16 years ago

Just had to say that ever since I learned how to post pictures, I have been doing it too! Hopefully we don't make anyone angry by doing that. I really enjoy looking at pictures that other people share, it adds the WOW factor to your post. And I like sharing pictures also. That IS what this forum is about, sharing our knowledge and our Pride and Joys! (ie: our lilies) You can show me pictures of all your lilies girl, I will enjoy them!

• pollinatorbob
    16 years ago

Those inspired moments don't happen often enough for me, and when they do I too Thank God for them...like I said, you are all great for your support...note to "jkunkel" I hate to tell you but I'm not a girl...my plumbing is all wrong for that. I hope we can still be friends! On another note (and I bet this has been asked many times)I cannot figure out how to post pictures. Do they have to be moved from my document file to another place and then posted, or am I simply missing the point. Thanks for all you do. Bob

• highjack
    16 years ago

I'm not a computer wiz but do know you need an outside host to post pictures. GW does not permit straight hard drive to forum pics.

I use Picture Trail and find it very easy to use. I also like being able to post the thumbnail images because they won't slow down people on dial up. You only need to click the picture for it to upsize. Many people use PhotoBucket and recommend it. Both have a limited amount of free space for you to use, which is quite a bit.

I don't have a clue about posting pics from a document file - that is way over my head. I resize pics on my hard drive, upload to Picture Trail and then can post to the GW. It is so easy to do, I figured it out for myself - LOL!

Brooke

• jkunkel
    16 years ago

BOB, I know that Bob is not a girly name! No offense taken, we can surly be friends, but if you look at the top of my post in dark black letters, it say RE: A message for Mona! I got a good giggle from your response though.
    I use photobucket, and its pretty easy, and also free! Just upload pics from your harddrive into your album after you set up your acct. Check the box over the pic you want to share, and then click on the TAG line in the middle under the selected picture. Come back to garden web type what you want, and then right click paste, in the message box where you want your picture. Took me a couple of trys, but I fineally got the hang of it. Hope this helps.

• mlwgardener
    16 years ago

Oh YEs, If I can post pictures, anyone can. Just like Jkunkel(thanks for the encouragment Jkunkel) said, it takes a little practice but it's not hard really. Once you get your pictures uploaded to the photo site of your choice then come back here. They even provide a test forum(gallery) for you to play in. The following link may help. After going to the test forum page, the 4th line down has a highligted "Test Gallery", just click on this.Be sure to scroll alway to the bottom on the test gallery page. Good luck, MOna

For some reason I can't post the link below so just copy and paste this:

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/test/

• pollinatorbob
    16 years ago

As soon as I can get out of the garden for 1/2 hour, I will make an attempt to follow the above instructions. I have a couple of Lavender Blue Baby seedlings I want you all to evaluate and maybe a few others. Thanks for the help. Bob

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm