Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

Something to see!!

mizellie
17 years ago

Here are a couple of pictures from my yard. Some were drowned yesterday in the rain but I am NOT complaining...Ellie

This is L to R. Verburnum I rooted a couple of years ago.

Native Azalea and Native Dogwood.

{{gwi:631574}}

This is the Honeysuckle I am training to a bush..

{{gwi:631576}}

This is a native wildflower. Blue Star.

{{gwi:631578}}

Comments (8)

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

Lovely Ellie. I have that red honeysuckle, but it's growing on an arbor. The hummers really love it, don't they? Thanks for sharing. I love seeing others, gardens, don't you?
    Jan

• MaxBaerHems
    16 years ago

Very pretty Ellie....it looks so peaceful and almost like....enter the secret garden....come on in.....ya know what I mean......

Rick

• mizellie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

yep Jan, the hummers love that honeysuckle. I forgot what that one is called. Drop more scarlet, maybe. I have the Alabama Crimson too but it isn't as far along as that one. Also the Pink Lemonade, which is my favorite. BTW, I am training it to tree rather than bush.

Rick, it does look peaceful doesn't it? It is, you know. We only live about 2500 ft of a state highway but we are sheltered on all side by the trees so it's very quite. Whydon'tchacomeupandseemesometime? Lol. Figure that one...Ellie

• maximus7116
    16 years ago

That first grouping is beautiful, Ellie. I've tried growing azaleas and rhododendrons and they bite the dust every time. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but am tired of buying new shrubs.

• gonegardening
    16 years ago

Lovely, Ellie! You must never want to leave!

• mizellie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gonegardening, I truly like to stay home.

Chris, that azalea came from our woods behind us. I put it in my wildflower bed, underneath a large oak. I never do anything to it, just let it go. There are 4 other natives in that same bed. # were purchased and don't do well at all. One blooms very early and gets frostbitten. Then I have another that came from the same woods that begins to bloom while this one is in the middle of it's bloom time. The other is not as dark in color but when this ones fades, the colors are the same.

The others are, 1 0range, 2 yellow I think. they never bloom enough to see actually.

The other azaleas get a really bad fungus every year and end by dying. I am much to lazy to spend my precious time(hehehe!!!) spraying. My Rhododendrons do fine though. I just turn them loose as I do the native azaleas...

• numama
    16 years ago

GORGEOUS ELLIE! I sure hope we will have time to drop in on you while on our trip. My blue star foilage is just now starting to emerge, just love it. The dogwoods bloomed up until the freeze got them. LOVE your native azalea. Bet the vib. smells good!
    Nancy

• mizellie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It did smell good, nancy but the cold got it along with most everything else. I hope you can drop by here too...would love to see you again...Ellie

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA