Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edward_kimball_gw

Going Back to College

Edward_Kimball
17 years ago

Hi all,

This dead end job I have been working at for the last 8 months has taken its toll and my lovely wife and I have decided that it is a good idea for me to go back to school for further job training. I am taking an environmental engineering course in water resources. It starts in September so there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it isn't even a train.

Edward

Comments (9)

• mizellie
    17 years ago

Congrats Edward. That's the thing to do if you are at a dead-end job. No time like the present and all that stuff. Sometimes people just keep putting it off and finally it's to late! Well, you are never to old to learn, of course, but sometimes you get to old to move up in a decent job. So, I think this is a smart move..Ellie

• highjack
    17 years ago

School days, school days (insert singing) good ole golden school days - GOOD LUCK Edward, may it be very rewarding for you and not too taxing.

Brooke

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am expecting a wonderful time leading to an even better job.

Edward

• katlynn719
    17 years ago

Edward, Sounds like fun and a great plan! Enjoy it -
    Kathy

• kydaylilylady
    17 years ago

Go for it Big Boy! If you don't go ahead and do it you'll always wonder "what if" and always wish you had.

I know you'll do well. When my husband went back to school he would get quizzed by our, at that time, middle schoolers about his grades. He said that there was more pressure for him to make good grades because not only did he have to answer to his wife but his children as well....

Janet

• mizellie
    17 years ago

brooke, I know I am nit picking but I think it's " good ole golden rule days". reading and riting and rithmatic, taught to the tune of a hickory stick. I remember those days sooo well.

Edward, if you have never had a whipping with a hickory stick, you don't know what your missing. Course we know they can't do that now but when I was a kid..wow!!!.

Ellie

• highjack
    17 years ago

I'm sure you're right Ellie. If anyone has ever heard me sing, you would know I don't do it very often so am not a good song person.

Brooke

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Congratulations on taking the big step, Edward! I hope this leads to a really great job that you'll enjoy for a long time.

It's funny how we sometimes realize that, "NOW is the time for a CHANGE." The trick is ACTING on that knowledge, and not missing a great opportunity. My DH has been mulling what to do with his future (grad school for computers/signal processing, or more music study). Either road will lead to more music in the future - it's just a matter of which route will work best. He's a software engineer, fed up with the corporate culture and wanting to use his passion (music) in a job. Me, I'm thinking of starting my own nursery business eventually. It's encouraging to hear about others pursuing their dreams and making good decisions in their lives. Way to go, Edward!

Laurel

• wishnforspring
    17 years ago

I am 43 and have almost finished my 1st year in college. I am loving it! I am taking Landscaping and Horticulture and have learned so much already!
    I wish you luck!
    Lisa

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH