Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mlwgardener

Stormy Weather

mlwgardener
17 years ago

Hello to all,

I sure hope everyone has survived yesterday and todays storms. We had our ground completely covered with dime to 50 cent size hail this afternoon about 5:30. Needless to say, it beat my poor plants down, bad. I guess I've lost most of my Iris stalks that were ready to bloom and my poor daylilies look like a heard of deer walked through them breaking the fans in half and beating the leaves into the ground. Now, saying this, they could be worse. I'd say I lost maybe two thirds of the foiliage, but not all. My Hostas are a total mess as are all by Spring shrubs and bulbs that were flowering.

Praise God, none of my family or friends that I know of were hurt by any of the storms today. For this, I'm so very grateful. The plants will grow back, but I know that when I go out tomorrow morning to see them again, I'll probably cry. I know all of you would feel the same, sad, but always knowing it could have been so very much worse.

Please, let us all hear from you. Love to you all and may God's Grace shine down upon you all, Mona

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!